Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible the rotate the analysis grid or the origin?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jastaDTU
1923 Views, 3 Replies

Is it possible the rotate the analysis grid or the origin?

Hi

Question:

I like to create a Radiance VDF (vertical daylight factor) on one building façade. My problem is… that I cannot figure out how to change the normal of my analysis grid. The problem arises when I do an analysis on my south-orientated facade. The analysis's normal is then facing the façade (north) and thereby I only receive the reflected light. Is it possible the rotate the analysis grid or the origin?

Hope there are some who can help me ... is a little frustrating Smiley Sad!

Thanks,

Jakob

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jastaDTU
in reply to: jastaDTU

I am still looking for a solution! // Jakob

Message 3 of 4
FabianPosadas
in reply to: jastaDTU

I dont believe your issue with surface normals applies to the analysis grid. If you are using a surface subdivision (rectangular tiles or Sensor points) then you are right the surface normal will have an affect on your results.

Control + R will reverse your normals .

Message 4 of 4
StudioJill
in reply to: FabianPosadas

I have the same question as jastaDTU for a different application and I don't think the above answers it.

In my case, I would like to calculate the illumination levels of a ceiling. I would want the analysis grid to face down into the room, but be up close to the celing.

Also, I would like to calculate the illuminance on the walls, and have the grid always pointing toward the inside of the room. It looks like I can only do this with the grid on the floor or 2 of the 4 walls of a rectangular room. (By changind the Axis from XY to YZ and XZ?)

jastaDTU - if this answer (above) DID answer your question, could you please explain it to me?

Does anyone know if Ecotect can do this? Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report