Incident solar radiation onto all buildings surfaces on a site

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
684 Views, 2 Replies

Incident solar radiation onto all buildings surfaces on a site

Hello,

Please see attached pdf.

How can it be done i.e. how can I visualize incident solar radiation onto surfaces for all buildings (not just one building)on a site as depicted?  There must be a way to quickly select all surfaces (west,east,north,south facade and roof) instead of repeating procedures per each building on a site.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I have the same problem to solve; somwhere on the web I found that instead to use a Grid Analysis to calculate incident radiation, you can mmodify the building surfaces and make a surface subdivision, and then calculate the incident radiation by the calculate menu by selecting the subdivided surfaces; it works, but it's soooo long to calculate... If anyone knows how to get it fastest, please give some information.

But also, if there's a way to have a multiple analisys grid, please let me know.

Bye

Marco

Message 3 of 3
arqyt
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, for the two questions:

- for selection, you can select object by zones, in zone management layout, right-click that zone, and "select object on"

- for calculation speed, i think that the problem must be in the shadow mask calculation. You must understand that the overshadows object is a percent of that, so if you subdivide the surfaces, you must be strict in the initials parameters:

- how accurate to sample each surface? it depend of scale model

- how far apart can adjancent object be? for that kind o calculation is irrelevant

- check object surface normals? if you have model it in ecotect no, in other case... may be a problem

- how to calculate object overshadowing? that´s the important parameter. If you have subdivide the surface (like image) 1x1 grid. In other case you have large surface, you must get a great sampling. Finally you will have a middle value of the surface, sampling in only the center point, or the middle value of 5x5, 10x10 points...

Finally i usually mark "Display test points" so can see the progress of the calculation.

Any change of the model NEED RECALCULATE (is automatic) shadows mask/adjacencies.... from the beginning, and i think is the hard/slow process of all.

Hope i´ve been helpful

Jose M Carralero.
ArqyT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report