Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Radiance data back into Ecotect

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
adam.barker
1298 Views, 2 Replies

Importing Radiance data back into Ecotect

I am new to Ecotect and Radiance and have been following your which have been very helpful, however I have a few questions.

I am trying to create a file which I can import back into the Ecotect analysis grid. I am specifiying a 'final render', and 'generate point data on 2D analysis grid', however when I do this is the command prompt flashes on to let me know Radiance is running, but then immediately disappears. Is radiance running or not? If I open the batch file, it states 'WARNING: THIS COULD TAKE QUITE A WHILE>>>" but then "The system cannot find the file specified." Also, following the tutorial here: http://wiki.naturalfrequency.com/wiki/Import_Radiance_Calculations_Tutorial, a dialog box should come up prompting me to import back into Ecotect, or at elast an XXX.ok file should be generated to import manually. Niether are yet.

If I try to re-run the analysis ecotect warns me that it is 'currently monitoring the progress of a previous Radiance analysis'.

Is Radiance running or not? Am I too impatient for this program?  It had been going for about 2.5 hours now for a simple 1 room model, 23 m2 floor area.

Finally, I will note that Ecotect mentions that 'DRADPATH is not found' when running through the wizard, but still seems to thank my Radiance installation is fine. Could this have an effect?

Thanks very much for your advice!

Adam

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
m.soderlund
in reply to: adam.barker

Hi Adam,

No the command prompt's supposed to stay until finished (the line "ECO2RAD: GRID POINTS COMPLETE" shows up) and directly afterwards Ecotect will flash and ask to import the data.

Do you have any spaces in the file path to the Radiance files? If that's the case change to a folder without any spaces, e.g. I'm using c:\radiance\projects to store all my Radiance generated files.

The error msg you get, does it say which file it can't find? You can edit the .bat file in the same folder as above and add the word "PAUSE" to the very end of the file on a new line. Then re-run the file (just double click it) and see if anything else comes up.

To fix the DRADPATH problem just save this text to a .reg file and run it:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory\Desktop Radiance]
"DRADPATH"="C:\\Radiance\\bin"

Change the path to your Radiance bin folder. Shouldn't fix the problem you're having though but you never know.

Hope that helps

Message 3 of 3
adam.barker
in reply to: adam.barker

Hi m.soderlund,

Thanks for the help. I was able to easily fix the problem and am now happily importing my analysis grid! The problem was entirley with the DRADPATH which I was able to straighten out.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report