Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! trying to do thermal analysis of a 500x500 meter city!

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
goldenroses_fzt
961 Views, 0 Replies

HELP! trying to do thermal analysis of a 500x500 meter city!

Hi 

I have been using ecotect for 3 months now. But I have never tried the thermal comfot or the spatial comfort. I am doing my thesis in architecture about how a roof can help a city over all enviroment. for example if you have a roof over the city in high temperatured cities like dubai life standards will rise. So to make this short I have been doing spatial comfort analysis in the coldest and hottest months. the site is a 500X500 m site with at least 60 houses(4 floor each) I dont care about the thermal comfort inside the houses but I want to see the common places like streets or open spaces thermal comfort rates. 

I tired this for example for Moscow, which the highest temperatures in summer are around 24 to 30 degrees, and i get an stonishing 50 degress??!!!! even in the winter the coldest is around -11 but in the spatial comfort i get the lowest -1???!!! 

BTW I put the buildings all in one zone called the city and i put it as a thermal zone with natural ventilations.

what am I doing wrong?? does this mean my results for dailylight shading and insolations are all wrong too?? or is the spatial comfort just harder to set then the others?

I will attach two files to make it easier to understand what I mean. the MTH attachment is moscows normal spatial, and the MTR25, is moscows spatial comfort when there is 20meter high roof with 25% solar collectors installed on it.

I am really confused with this. can someone help me please? 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report