Ecotect

re4mdesign
Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Export to Radiance-Interior or Exterior View??

234 Views, 1 Replies
02-22-2012 01:09 PM

I am expotring a simple 2D horizontal analysis grid to Radiance and then importing the results back into Ecotect. I was wondering if I should select "Exterior" or "Interior" Vew in the Radiance analysis wizard?  

When should you use either???

re4mdesign
Message 2 of 2 (227 Views)

Re: Export to Radiance-Interior or Exterior View??

02-24-2012 06:58 AM in reply to: re4mdesign

Ok, I think I answered my own question. If you are analyzing a 2D horiz grid through Radiance (natural light only), you should select 'Interior View' even though you might not have any cameras set up. If you select 'Exterior View', the results will be way off! It appears, Radiance adds additional ambiant daylight when simulating, which causes the analysis grid to demonstrate much higher illuminace values.So, make sure when you are analyzing interior spaces, select 'Interior View' even if it is a simple 2D horiz grid.

I also, ran the same analysis through Ecotect just to see if Radiance and Ecotect resulted in different illuminance values. It appears for a simple floor plan, Ecotect should be fine to use especially if you do not have Radiance loaded on your computer.

See attached comparison of analyses (resolution is not great, sorry).

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Ask the Community