Did you mean: 

Ecotect and WinAir 4

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kafka82
6430 Views, 7 Replies

Ecotect and WinAir 4

Hello,

Can anyone help with Ecotect and WinAir4? I tried to run a simple simulation of two small blocks in an open field kind environment to test the air flow pattern and velocity map..but it seems something goes wrong. From the picture below you can see from the scale that the maximum speed is 1 m/s despite of the speed of 5 m/s I set in the export options!! Whatever speed parameter I set the output will show always a maximum speed of 1 m/s and that is not correct...

Any help?

Giulio
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
yunpeng
in reply to: kafka82

The speed you set in Ecotect is located in 10m above ground.
I suggest you don't use WinAir4, there is little information about this software.
Message 3 of 8
kafka82

What software would you suggest me to use that I can find more information? I understand from various forum that FDS isn't easy at all when it comes to exchange data with ecotect! What other options? I am not sure what data and what format Ecotect can read from a CFD simulation package!!!

Any hints from the Ecotect TEam? What if I use COMSOL Multiphysics - Can I get data back into Ecotect ? What procedure?

Thanks

Giulio
Message 4 of 8
yunpeng

I suggest you abandon Ecotect in CFD, because WinAir4 and FDS are not suit building CFD simulation.
I think Fluent/Airpak/CFX/Phoenics/STAR-CCM+ is good. Edited by: yunpeng on Oct 12, 2009 8:05 AM
Message 5 of 8
rdgsmp

Where were you able to find WinAir4? Would you be willing to allow me to acces.

Thanks,

Sean
Message 6 of 8
SPEF01P86

Sean,

WinAir4 is a software developed by WSA at Cardiff University, therefore in order to get the software package you should get in contact with the CRIBE Staff at WSA. one smart thing to do is go to the website:
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/archi/
the best of luck,
Message 7 of 8
cdbeck2

HI sped01p86
I have been trying to do some airflow studies with ecotect i tried FDS and was unsuccesful the pic posted that was done with WinAir is exactly what i need to do for my architecture project for school, i emailed the head of the cribe staff and hopefully they will respond soon. Is that how you got WinAir just contacted them? if not how did you get it? Any help as soon as possible would be great thanks for your help
Message 8 of 8
amandacarvalhoarq

In my case the winAir is not generating the graph plotting similar. I set the data to 2006

already. 

unchecking the Auto Start calculation the data is totaly empty like that:

do you have some ide about what I can do? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report