Did you mean: 

Ecotect and Win Air 4

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
BOLEHLAH
16766 Views, 24 Replies

Ecotect and Win Air 4

Hi  Anyone,

I want to run the CFD Air Flow Analysis on Ecotect and WinAir 4 and have strictly followed the instruction for the CFD Analysis as per the link below: http://www.proxyarch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Computational_Fluid_Dynamics. I have changed my clock to 2006

Unfortunately, there was an error in  running WinAir 4.

I cant even install NIST FDS on my desktop as well as there was an error in running the app.

Can anyone in Autodesk please advice if Ecotect does actually allow CFD analysis to be done. This is because i quite dissapointed with all the hype about Ecotect when it doing not much more than Solar analysis. HELP please. Got a presentation in 2 days time.

Thanks

Daniel.

1120i2359DFA105A3B0271122i4BFF9A1C59F29A7C

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Ashwinias
in reply to: Pennetier1

Hello Oliver,

I am following the same steps as you have mentioned earlier but the dat file saved doesnt show results ,it gives error as "out of memory" and "unable to rezsize grid". Probably its issue with grid setting as in my Ecotect software I am not able to set up 2d grid ,it always give 3d grid only. But with 3d grid also the output file which is automatically get saved as "OUTPUT" which may be without any extension but its opening in the ecotect and giving results as expected. Sending you some image file of results I have received running another project. 

The dat file you have sent also shows results at diff location on grid and the model is at different location 

Regards,

Ashwinias

Message 22 of 25
Pennetier1
in reply to: Ashwinias

Hello Ashwinias

Ok, I think we are getting close to the issue.

I do not think Winair is the problem, as I am able to run your *.geo, *.con files and output the *.dat just fine.

I am leaning toward your grid set up in your model.

First, I notice from your screenshot that you have an older version of ecotect - maybe version 5.5 - correct?

Next, I noticed that your "Adjust Grid Extent" button is turned on, which will show your analysis grid in its 3D form while in the 3D editor. Am I correct?

If that is the case, that would explain why you feel you are not able to setup your 2D grid.  Simply click that button again and you should see your 2D grid again in the 3D editor.

Now it sounds like you are getting an error because when importing the *.dat file, Ecotect does not recognize the original analysis grid setup.  As if the analysis has changed from the time you exported the *.geo file to the time you tried to import the output file.  Is that the case?

So make sure that the "Adjust Grid Extent" button is off, and reset your 2D grid in the 3D editor.  Export once again your *.geo file and *.con file and run once more in Winair.  Try importing again without changing anything to your original grid and see if this works better.  If this does not work, please send me your *.eco file.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 23 of 25
krupali2585

Hello,

I am getting this error message while trying to export the file to *.geo format in ECOTECT.

How do i resolve the issue ?

Untitled.jpg

Message 24 of 25
Pennetier1
in reply to: krupali2585

Hello krupali2585

It is difficult to troubleshoot your issue from this error message.

The best would be for you to share your *.eco file, so we could see if we can reproduce the error.

I wonder if your analysis grid is not too large?  How big is it?  Typically, WinAir does not allow more than 250,000 grid cells, but that should not give you this error from Ecotect, but rather from WinAir itself.

Feel free to send me your *.eco file through this post or via email, so i can have a closer look.

Cheers,
Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 25 of 25
krupali2585

Hello Pennetier1,
Thanks for reverting.
The grid size I had taken was too small and was fitting within my 3D model.
Increasing the grid size resolved the issue.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report