Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecotect Site Shadow Analysis, can the progam do what I need?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
previsiondesign
1124 Views, 0 Replies

Ecotect Site Shadow Analysis, can the progam do what I need?

I have a rather narrow but specific task that I'm trying to figure out if I can use Ecotect for.  What I need to know is whether or not the program can do the following:

1. Using a 3D site model of the existing context (ideally imported from SketchUp), calculate the shading area generated by all buildings that falls within a specific area or on a specified surface (usually a park), not simply the total area of the shadows generated. Would it also be possible to calculate the shading on the park area if the park were to be sloping or have other irregular terrain?
  2. Shading analyses would need to be conducted at 15 minute intervals throughout the day, every 7 days, from June 21st to December 21st. 
  3. This shading area data would then need to be output to an excel spreadsheet showing the various in total shading area at all intervals calculated. 
  4. This process would then be done again with the addition of the new building(s) to determine the net change in shading area.

Is the above is possible to do in Ecotect?  If so, I'd next be interested in references to private tutoring online or in the San Francisco area to show me how this is done.

Thanks!

Adam

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report