Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Ecotect provide data of internal temperature of specifc rooms?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gqueiroz
745 Views, 2 Replies

Does Ecotect provide data of internal temperature of specifc rooms?

Hi all,

I would like to know if Ecotect Analysis 2011 provides internal temperatures (°C or °F) of specific areas of a building, such as living room, bedroom or bathroom of a house, on specific days and hours. If yes, which tool / command does this?

Thanks in advance,

Gabriel.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pennetier1
in reply to: gqueiroz

Gabriel, 

The short answer is yes.  Ecotect does provide you with internal temperature of the thermal zones present in your model.

It can do so on an hourly basis, since it is based on the weather file that is used.

And that is also exactly why you have to be careful with these temperature data that the software gives you: they are based on the exterior temperatures from the weather file, which are only "averages over 30 some years.  Using these hourly internal temperatures would not be very accurate and you should not uses these as reality.

Instead, you should look at these internal temperatures as a trend, looking at them on a monthly or yearly basis, wich would give you a much more realistic perspective on how hot or cold it would get in your spaces.  I like to use the AC/HVAC system, whether or not your zone has one, to see the trend and needs of heating or cooling.

To perform these calculations, you first must have Thermal Zones in your model.

Then you have to move to the ANALYSIS page, accessible on the left side of your screen.

Aftern uploading a weather file, you have access to various thermal calculations from the drop down menu.Hourly temperature profile is fine, or hourly heat gains and loss.

You can access the properties of each of your thermal zones (denoted with a "T" in your Zones Management control panel).  If you assign a Full Air Conditioning system to that zone, Ecotect can give you a pretty good trend for heating and cooling the space; but once again, do not use these number to size a AC system.  INstead, you can use this to work out a better design that will improve the energy saving: overhang, well insulated windows and wall, roof construction etc...

I hope this answer gives you a glimpse as to what can be done.

Let me know if you have more question son this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 3 of 3
gqueiroz
in reply to: Pennetier1

Thank you for the reply. It will help me a lot.

I'll check this in more detail, and as I am using the software, I'll verify if I have more questions.

Cheers,

Gabriel Queiróz.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report