1103 Warning: Void material

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
hosamdawod
1095 Views, 4 Replies

1103 Warning: Void material

Hi,

I have void in between two spaces like the example atached.

When I run "Inter-Zonal Adjacencies" I keep receive

1103: Warning: Object 12 is assigned a Void material but is not it self a Void.

Can you help me please to solve this problem!

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Pennetier1
in reply to: hosamdawod

Hello hosamdawod, 

A couple of things here...

1. When I opened your model, your VOID object was not assigned any VOID material, i.e., the material library for your VOID object is empty, so Ecotect does not know what to use, hence although it is assigned a VOID object, Ecotect does not know what kind of VOID material to use.  The solution to this is to load your VOID material from the default library: go to the Material Editor and click the Library tab next to the Model tab, select the void material under the VOID element and click the "Add to Model" button.  Now it should appear in your model's material library and can be used as such.

2. Once your VOID object has been assigned a void material, you'll still need to adjust things a bit, as now you have a VOID object adjacent to the brick wall of zone 1. So how does Ecotect know what material to choose here? A VOID or a WALL?

To make sure Ecotect knows you want a void between the two zones, you have two solutions:

a) Create the same VOID object on zone 1 so that it is exactly in the same location as the VOID in zone 2. Now you will have two void objects adjacent to one another and Ecotect will know to use only the properties of a single element (no double counting).

b) You can assign the WALL object of zone 1 an Alternate VOID material.  In doing so, you do not have to create a VOID object; when Ecotect sees that a VOID object (from zone 2) is adjacent to the brick wall, it will look at its Alternate material and use that instead, wherever the two different objects are adjacent to one another.  This is exactly how multi-story modeling is done as well, where FLOOR and CEILING elements are adjacent to one another. By assigning the correct Alternate material, you are telling Ecotect to use that material whenever it is adjacent to another material. 

I hope it all makes sense.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 3 of 5
hosamdawod
in reply to: Pennetier1

Thanks a lot Olivier for your clear illustration. your comments work perfect. One last thing, when I open VOID material from the default library it shows empty tab. Therefore, I created a material called void and change its proprieties as show in this picture. Is that true? Is there any online library for ecotect material? Thanks in advance, Hosam

Message 4 of 5
Pennetier1
in reply to: hosamdawod

Hi hosamdawod, 

Glad it helped!

For the void object, this is the properties I have for the default VOID object from the default library:

VOID.jpg

You might have to re-load your default library wich is already located in your Autodesk Ecotect folder:

Go to you Material Editor > Click on the Library tab > click on the Library button at the bottom > Select Library... > browse for your Ecotect.lib in the Ecotect folder.  That should load the main library.

There are no Ecotect Libraries that I know of on line, except that DAYSIM comes with its own Ecotect library which provide a good selection of glazing materials. As you work more with Ecotect, it is wise to start building your own master library of known materials that you typically use on your projects.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 5 of 5
hosamdawod
in reply to: Pennetier1

That was very helpful. Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report