Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting a molecular bonding effect

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
208 Views, 1 Reply

Trouble getting a molecular bonding effect

Me again. I'm trying to make a simple effect in my scene, and so far I've not found anything useful to help.

My scene contains a simple molecule with bonds. I am trying to get a group of small atoms to descend into the scene and attach themselves to the bonds. But for 2 days I have not gotten a satisfactory result. I've tried making the small atoms into separate polygons and having them draw into newton fields (which are attached to the bonds), but for whatever reason the atoms would not respond to them. I've tried using particles instead of polygons to make the atoms, using the same newton fields to attract them, but while the particles did get attracted, I could never get them to stick fast. I've tried using particle goals to draw them in, but no luck there either.

What would be the best/simplest way to achieve this effect? In short, I need several polygons to descend into the scene and then attach themselves to other specific polygons like magnets.

I am very new to maya, and there is not a lot I understand. Please elaborate on any solution you may have.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

On a side note, I need to contact someone via phone that can help me with Maya troubleshooting, because this forum is extremely slow in answering. I've searched the website and could not find the phone number. Does anyone have it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report