Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i isolate particle's velocity from world influence?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
zouheirito
706 Views, 5 Replies

How can i isolate particle's velocity from world influence?

i'm trying since along time to figure out some techniques to isolate the particles velocity but all in vien..

what i mean is .. : what if i want to make particle inside a car while the car is running...?? like for example puring water inside a car without making this water affected by the speed of the car it self.. and in technical speech, to make particle affected by local influence not world influece ....

i hope i can find answers here..

best wishes..

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ikincidersim
in reply to: zouheirito

As I understood...

you want to move like this?

particle.jpg

Message 3 of 6
zouheirito
in reply to: ikincidersim

no dude.

imagine you have a car moving and you want to make someone inside pouring water in glass for someone else in the car while this car is moving very fast.. ..

i think you didn't get the idea? do you?

Message 4 of 6
ikincidersim

what about that?

the cube is moving from +Z to -Z ..

I make cube parent to emitter and crated a cylinder passive colider and made it child of emitter...

you can turn of its visibilitiy.. ı used a transparency material...

particle2.jpg

Message 5 of 6
ikincidersim
in reply to: ikincidersim

here is the soultion I think.. ı found from a forum.. I do not know if ı can give its link here...

"Constrain the nucleus to the car. Now the "physics" of the trail is calculated in relation to the speed of the nucleus, not world space. Doing this will tell the solve to ignore the fact the car is whipping through space. Imagine spilling a drink on a supersonic train, it would spill down and not towards the rear of the train. Moving the nucleus is the easiest way to do this."

Message 6 of 6
zouheirito

That is awesome I never thought parenting nucleus itself can help. But I think that can only work for nParticles but not with normal particle. But anyway thanks alot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report