Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error when using the dynamic solid shatter.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
gihanjay
5655 Views, 12 Replies

Fatal Error when using the dynamic solid shatter.

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and I hope I can get a solution to my problem.

When I crreate a polygon and select shatter and solid shatter, I get two type of errors.

Error 1:

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/scripts/others/includeShatterEffectsGlobals.mel line 41: An error occurred while running the Solid Shatter script. Results may be invalid. If necessary, undo to restore the previous situation.

Error 2:

Fatal Error. Attempting to save in C:/Users/GIHANJ~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Gihan Jayasundera.20140625.0958.ma

Error message 1 comes up when I click on the Create Solid Shatter through the options. I can not run Crack Shatter either.

If I clear the history, then I get error 2, with the entire program crashing and I can not do anything to my files. If i click on the ok on the error dialog, the program will completly close.

Is there someone who can help me with this issue. I have been trying this feature for two days and now fix in site. I also followed other videos that show about freezing transformations and still no luck in the shatter feature.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
agraham
in reply to: gihanjay

Can you upload a file containing the geometry that's giving you the error?
--
Adrian Graham
Principal User Experience Designer
ME Film and TV Solutions
Autodesk
Message 3 of 13
gihanjay
in reply to: agraham

When I try to upload the file, it stated that the file type in not an correct format. Please advise.

Thank you for your help on this.

Gihan

Message 4 of 13
Steve_Curley

You must Zip (and only Zip, not an alternative like .rar or .7z) the file and the resulting archive must be < 5MB.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 13
psychotiko

hello i get the same error even while trying with a newly made Pcube gives error while creating a new shatter doesn't matter witch kind and crashes if i delete history and apply the shatter

please let me know if you solve the problem, it is frustrating should be some bug on 2015

Message 6 of 13
imartini
in reply to: psychotiko

I have the same problem with Maya 2015. When I apply a "solid shatter" in a object (sphere, cube, etc) I get a crash and the program closes... 

Message 7 of 13
agraham
in reply to: imartini

Hmm, I just tried a solid shatter with a default poly sphere and everything was fine.

I was also using the default settings for shatter, can you try that?

Also, I tried this under Maya 2015 SP2.

--
Adrian Graham
ME Film and TV Solutions
Autodesk
Message 8 of 13
imartini

Hi!

Yes, I'm using the default settings, and the version of my Maya is the SP2 Student Version. My operating system is the Win 8.1.

You can see the error with this video.

This doesn't happen with  Maya 2014.

Message 9 of 13
agraham

Yikes. Can you move your user prefs out of the way, launch Maya and try again?

I'll have QA look into this.

--
Adrian Graham
ME Film and TV Solutions
Autodesk
Message 10 of 13
syracoj

please send me the file you made with the student version.

john.syracopoulos@autodesk.com

thank you.

Message 11 of 13
syracoj

no worries about sending me a scene file. I can reproduce here on a 2015 build that is a non student version.

Message 12 of 13
imartini

This happens to me from the first time I installed Maya 2015. I was testing options, such as enabling or disabling plugins.

I also tried to change the viewport 2.0 to default viewport.  Also I deleted preferences and files in Windows, and the problem persists.

In Maya 2014 student version does not give me this error, and now what I do is export the model from one version to another ...

Crash message:

Warning: line 1: Cycle on 'polyBoolOp1.output' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)

syracoj I send you the file.

Message 13 of 13
syracoj

Just to follow up on this. My testing indicates that this is no longer an issue and has been fixed with service pack >= SP5.

This issue was based on internal defect: MAYA-43489 and MAYA-37573

both which dealt with a crash in/with legacy booleans which is the boolean approach used in the Effects > Shatter tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report