Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMM Plugin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RooftopAnimation
790 Views, 3 Replies

DMM Plugin

Hi all,

So I'm finally working on a project at work where I have to shatter glass, crush metal, etc and I'm following the DMM tutorials.

Only on tutorial 3 now where you make a hammer hit a chair and according to the tutorial, "The hammer should break the chair". This doesn't happen, instead everything behaves like a sponge or rubber or something not breakable.

I thought I just went wrong somewhere, but I opened the attached tutorial.ma file and it produces the same undesired results.

Has anyone had success with this plugin or should I rather look towards the DMM forums?

Kind regards,
Rooftop
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Okay, just figured out that it's to do with the material settings. Really incomplete tutorials there...
Message 3 of 4
Avotas
in reply to: RooftopAnimation

I am personally disappointed you didn't include the magical "Rubber Tree Wood" as your final rendering. Who wouldn't want a wooden chair that looks like wood, feels like wood, yet bounces back like a famous rubber manufacturers trash can? Heck you can even add a story line about who invented the chair, and make a whole series revolve around characters interacting with said chair. Seems like a missed opportunity to me!

I'm glad you got the issue solved.

-Avotas
Message 4 of 4
RooftopAnimation
in reply to: Avotas

Ah Avotas, my sincerest apologies. Had I known that such a story would've been so well received I just may have done it. Next time...

Rooftop.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report