Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost - lost cache files...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
plata.jozef
585 Views, 2 Replies

Bifrost - lost cache files...

Hi, 

My scene is 120 frames long. When I was pretty happy with my bifrost sim I decided to bump up values for greater resault (grid set to 0.05).

After about 6 hours I decided to stop sim. It was calculating 110frame, that was enough for me. I had to wait about 30 minutes for STOP to make bifrost stop (i guess it had to finish calculations of 110 frame).

How big suprised I was when I looked into my cache folder and found that all frames from 1 to 105 are missing!!! there was only 4 (!!!!!!!!!) frames in the folder.

I tried caching with low settings before and everything was ok, all frames were cached. So what happened with 105 frames of high-res sim?

I'm very confused

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
agraham
in reply to: plata.jozef

How did you cache? Via Bifrost > Compute and Cache to Disk? Or did you just play your sim?

Don't forget, there's a difference between 'scratch' cache and 'user' cache. It sounds like you were simply writing to scratch cache, which is stored in memory (up to a certain amount, then it overflows to disk).

As for taking so long to stop evaluation, that's a known issue, where you can't break mid-process. We're figuring out how to fix that.

How long were your frames taking to sim anyway?
--
Adrian Graham
Principal User Experience Designer
ME Film and TV Solutions
Autodesk
Message 3 of 3
plata.jozef
in reply to: agraham

Hi agraham,

Thank you for your interest in the problem. I will look into the files when I will have a bit more time. But I'm pretty sure the cache was made by bifrost > computa and cache to disk.

I'll try to recreate this and let you know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report