Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BiFrost Liquid collider problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
3dRookie_G
4788 Views, 2 Replies

BiFrost Liquid collider problem

After I saw that amazing tutorial of BiFrost from Maya. I told myself as soon as it comes out, I want to play with that amazing feature. Now here is my issue:
I've a bottle in which I want to create fluid and as soon as it rotates the fluid shall drop out the bottle.
My problem is that the collider isn't working. I added my Bottle as a Collider to my Bifrost emiter which is in this case a Cylinder.

As you can see Bifrost is pushing the liquid through my bottle and is ignoring the Collider Tag.
Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong?

ColliderProblem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Bennyhase
in reply to: 3dRookie_G

Hello,

i´m normally a Softimage User but had a few month experience with NAIAD, what is now implented in Bifröst.

Don´t know what is the problem, maybe some tips:

1.) Found out that collider objects has to be Polygon-Objects and not Nurbs.

2.)Check out in the bifrostLiquidContainer under "Resolution" that your "MasterVoxelSize" isn´t to big.

Try to decrease carefully (!) the Master Voxel Size. Per default it is set to 0.5

If your bottle is 10 Maya Units heigh then 0.5 will work well to fill up your bottle.

If your bottel has no thickness set the collision to "shell" and play with the Thickness-Value.

The MasterVoxelSize defines a 3D-Grid in Space. If this grid is to big the colliding objects will not be very accurate calculate or will be ignored.

There are many other aspects for the MasterVoxelSize.

Very helpful is the old free NAIAD-Tutorial on Youtube from Farid you can see here:

NAIAD Tutorial

I don´t know in which chapter it is, but in one of them he is explaining the workflow beetween Master Voxel Sizes and the calculation process for the particles and why sometimes particles make some strange things.

I think many of these informations are identical to Bifröst and can translate to them.

Sorry for bad english.

Message 3 of 3
Anifex09
in reply to: Bennyhase

You should try starting with a cup. Using any voxel based fluid simulator requires a lot of trial and error to establish a working foundation. Start with something simple like a cub and make adjustments to the settings until you get the look you are looking for and save the preset. Use the preset as a starting point and so on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report