Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seprate objects always the same hight...

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
bart_van_tuyl
933 Views, 10 Replies

seprate objects always the same hight...

Hi,

I am curious to know if its possible to keep equal hights set in two sepperate objects. for example two rectangels named A and B, if I change rectangle A, rectangle B changes to the same hight and visa versa if i modify rectangle B's hight that Rectangle A also changes to the same hight?

What I have tried is to formulate a vertical constraint to alinear parameter by ussing a formula d1=Distance1 (Vertical constraint= Linear Parameter) but autocad dosnt like this?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: bart_van_tuyl

Can be archieved multiple ways, see attached.

In first row of rectangles  I'm using 2 linear stretch parameters to to control block "A", the grips of both parameters are placed on top of each other simulating a polar grip.

Rectangle B is controlled the same way but are stretched using Stretch action 4 and 5 from rectangle A.

A2 and B2 are just sharing the same parameter but different stretch actions, no chained parameter used.

Good luck!

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 11
bart_van_tuyl
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

That did the trick last time, However I had a slightly difrent situation today and the same principal as you showed didnt work.

The situation today involved three rectangles each with its bottom flush with the rectangles top underneath (See dwg).???

Message 4 of 11
AcadAdamLT

You'll have to explain more in detail what you want the rectangles to do.

Is it something like this?

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 5 of 11
bart_van_tuyl
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Yes! But I cant see what you are doing difrent towards me? Its seams straightforward three blocks ontop of eachother each block with a streach action assosiated to the on linear parameter...How come mine cause the rectangles to streach througth eachother?

Message 6 of 11
ojuris

hi!

About Your first question I think You mean something like that (attached file)

In second question You must explain what exactly need

Regards

Juris

Message 7 of 11
bart_van_tuyl
in reply to: ojuris

The first question works a treat I understand thatone (forget it for now). I tried to apply that principal ( the first quetion) to a situation where the three rectangels were stacked ontop of eachother rather then side by side, but it didnt work. But you managed to do it however I cant see what Im doing difrently?

Message 8 of 11
ojuris

You must use different distance multiplier for each stretch action

Message 9 of 11
bart_van_tuyl
in reply to: ojuris

Well that did it, however if I specify a dimention 38mm it only create ahight of 25.45mm? surley theres got to be a more acurate way

Message 10 of 11
ojuris

show Your block with this problem

Message 11 of 11
AcadAdamLT

Reason why my blocks stay the same height is because I've divded the Distance multiplier of each stretch, the bottom stretch stretches 0.33, second 0.66 and the top stretch has 1.0.

AutoCad LT 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services