Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"#" in my DB attribute data field.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
565 Views, 7 Replies

"#" in my DB attribute data field.

Can anyone tell me why I get #### shown in my attribute data field in the attached DB? Upon insertion of this block the correct length is displayed. Once placement point is selected and the block is inserted into the drawing, the length is shown as #####.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you done a REGEN after manipulation?
Regards, Charles Shade
(Can't open since it's a 2010 DB)
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, I tried Regen, Regenall multiple times. I've tried to save and re-enter the drawing also. I re-saved the file as 2007 version and attached it again. Thoughts?
Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

This does not look to be a Field that would need to be assigned to BlockPlaceHolder that would reference the Length to work as expected I believe.
Hopefully Joe Bouza will chime in as my LT version (waitin' for 2011) does not have Fields to test.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

"BlockPlaceholder" is the only option that I've found that gives me the "Block reference property"s that I'm looking for. What would your suggestion be instead of "BlockPlaceholder"? I can check it out in the mean time.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

try the command "updatefield" this will allow you to select teh blocks you want to update I have found that this pretty much sorts out all problems with out of date or #### fields
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry should have mentioned that in the previous thread. I've have tried that also with no change. The #'s remain.
Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade

I don't know enough to guide you any further. The couple of Fields I have were added when I downloded a trial version and added such. Don't remember what your options are but the Fields I use are updated from Lookup tables. Not what you are doing.
BTW the Field shadowing did not show up when I opened you block which is why I'm asking about the Field.
Regards, Charles Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services