Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no scale on a line within a block

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rfg018
576 Views, 7 Replies

no scale on a line within a block

Is it possible to have a dynamic block and annotative and a portion that will not scale.

Example: Create a arrow leader (similur to Multileader)  I want the arrow to be scale but the leader line to be fix, and be able to streach the line

any idea ?.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ojuris
in reply to: rfg018

hi!

You can try make block1 with elements what You want annotative and make that block annotative

Than make block2 with other elements, make that block2 not annotative, and put in block1

Juris

Message 3 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: ojuris

Juris, That works fine provided there are not attributes that require user input in the annotative part of the block.  I have not found a way to pass along user inputted attribute values  so that they show up in the block inside the block.  I've tried using a field referencing the value of an invisible attribute in the outer block, but the field does not ever update regardless of regen, updatefield or making dynamic actions.  Is there a way?

The issue with having just the attributes annotative is that the spacing between attributes gets thrown off.  As a workaround, I have use a scale action with no grips and a lookup table with specific scales in order to adjust the specific bits I want 'annotative'.  As a downside, that method requires user input if the annotation scale is changed.  Luckily qselect works on dynamic blocks and the scale property can be adjusted globally in properties. 

Attached is a room tag block that uses that principle.

Message 4 of 8
ojuris
in reply to: Libbya

If You need annotaion for attribute - I don't know solution in 1 block

You can try divide Your block in 2 parts. If You copy both blocks together in drawing - fields will be working correctly for each set of blocks

Juris

Message 5 of 8
Libbya

The Room Tag block I posted works fine as I originally posted it.  While it does not scale based on the annotation scale of the drawing, it does have the manual scale function added to the attributes that works with the lookup parameter (grip to the right).  I posted it as an example of a workaround solution for attributes that need annotative scaling that are contained in a block that also has parts that do not need annotative scaling.  I've come across a couple situations where that is necessary and have not found a better workaround.

Message 6 of 8
ojuris
in reply to: Libbya

I see that it is working fine

I give You another solution with separate blocks where You can make 1 block annotative and other not

You choose what is best solution for You

If You use toolpalettes then You can those 2 blocks put in block and in toolpalettes configure to explode that block when You insert it. Afterthat You get 2 blocks working as You need

Juris

Message 7 of 8
rfg018

your concept is very interesting, but it not what I'm after.

I have attached my problem.

after changing the scale, I need one of the line to be remained a fix lenght.

Can we add a fuction, (math, scale factor, reference a distance, etc) to the Paranters/Actions?

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: rfg018

I'm not sure who your response is directed at.  Regardless, there is not any way that I am aware of to have the block be annotative without that line length scaling as well.  As I mentioned, you could make the attribute annotative, but it will scale based on its justification point.  With that in mind, the spacing relative the rest of the block will most likely get thrown off.  You can have an annotative block within a block that is not annotative and the inner annotative block will scale based on its base point.  If an attribute is in the inner block it become uneditable (even fields will not update).  

My method of using a gripless scale action linked to a lookup table for the specific parts that need scaling works well and is the best solution I can offer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services