maximize array within limits

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tomryckaert
1360 Views, 5 Replies

maximize array within limits

Hello, 

I have a question.

I would like to make a dynamic block of an insulation-linetype.

To do this, I have a block containing a rectangle, on which I put a stretch action to change its length.

Within this rectangle, I have a 'batting' polyline where I have set up an array-action (on the same parameter: the length of the rectangle.

When I stretch my block using the dynamic grip, the rectangle changes in length, and the little 'batting symbol' fills up the rectangle. 

My problem is that sometimes the length of the rectangle isn't a nice integer number of the batting symbol.

That way the symbol is not filling the rectangle completely, but it leaves a gap.

Is it possible to let the arrayed symbol always fill up the rectangle, and trim at the end what is sticking out of the rectangle?

Maybe a strange question, but I tought I could give it a try...

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Imui
in reply to: tomryckaert

Hello. I also had the same problem and decided tu lose the batting lines.

Instead i'm using a cuple of self made blocks.

I scale the blocks to get the desired thicknes. The last "adjustable" segment of the blocks is just my trying to hard.

Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: tomryckaert

Another to try.

You may need to Hatch Pattern as well.

Message 4 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles, I love the Batt block.  I independently made one that is very similar (I thought I was oh so clever...), but hadn't sorted out to add a scale to the hatch only and and a simultaneous stretch to the frame in order to adjust the width of the batts.  Instead, I had a scale over the whole thing and would adjust the width prior to adjusting the length.  On yours I don't care for how the tapered ends have a different hatch origin point and so they don't match up.  Also, recently I changed it so instead of the rotation grip, I just added a polar stretch to the end.  That way I can set the length and angle simultaneously.  We also don't add tags for the R factor so I hadn't even considered that.  Instead of the lookup and visibility, I have the block's initial width set to 1 and on insertion can set the scale to whichever with I want.  I will consider the lookup option, tho.   Anyway, very cool.  Thanks.    Here's mine (with the updated width stretch/scale).

Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Libbya

The Polar Stretch is a great idea.

Message 6 of 6

New Rock Wool RockWool insulation Taşyünü Tasyunu

RockWool.gif

Serkan ÇAVUŞLAR
CplCAD / Türkiye

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services