Dynamic Blocks

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 18 (192 Views)

images duplicating in DBs (acadlt 2010)

192 Views, 17 Replies
06-01-2009 06:40 AM
I've recently been having a problem with the objects in DBs multiplying. The objects in a block are copied, sometimes once, sometimes several times. These new objects are not controlled by the actions and parameters that control the blocks. When the block is inserted, it works fine, but there is the copy of the base image remains as inserted. To fix this, I have to go into the block file, delete the extra images, re-select any images that are not connected to their actions, then re-define the block in my drawing. When I re-define the block, it creates enough errors that acad's audit recommends the drawing be closed. Attached is an example of this occurance. This is a recent event which has occured only in 2010. Is this something that can be prevented? It's getting to be a lot of work to stay on top of this problem.

Thanks, Kevin
*Pro
Message 2 of 18 (192 Views)

Re: images duplicating in DBs (acadlt 2010)

06-01-2009 11:41 AM in reply to: kbraun
The DB in your attachment seemed to function normally for me (AutoCAD 2010). I didn't experience any multiplying objects or images.

"When the block is inserted, it works fine, but there is the copy of the base image remains as inserted."

It's difficult to visualize what you mean by this. Can you take screen shot of it? Edited by: dmfrazier on Jun 1, 2009 2:43 PM
Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 18 (192 Views)

06-01-2009 11:51 AM in reply to: kbraun
There is an object inside the block already. if you stretch it up, or stretch it deeper, the drawer stretches, but there is another that doesn't move, and remains the same size. When I say it multiplies, I mean there is an object on top of the original. if you go into the block, select a line, or object, and delete it, another will be there behind it. it was not drawn that way.
*Pro
Message 4 of 18 (192 Views)

06-01-2009 12:29 PM in reply to: kbraun
I see what you mean now.

After editing the DB to remove the extra copies of objects and fix the action selection sets, I get no errors when saving the changes.

Have you tried a complete re-install of your AutoCAD LT 2010?
Valued Contributor
Message 5 of 18 (192 Views)

06-01-2009 12:46 PM in reply to: kbraun
No I have not. Do you fell that is necessary? I've seen this happen in three different computers, the files are actually used by several people. But I guess I've seen the most of the problems being the one who is making the blocks.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 6 of 18 (192 Views)

06-02-2009 04:27 AM in reply to: kbraun
I agree with dmfrazier that there are several objects stacked on top of each other in this DB. I would ask if your vis states are collecting several of these objects where one will stretch and another not? Therefore looking like ghosting.

The DB creator may not be using vis states correctly.

Regards, Charles Shade
Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Pro
Message 7 of 18 (192 Views)

06-02-2009 05:10 AM in reply to: kbraun
The only reason I mention it is that I've seen a lot of other quirky behavior issues reported in these DGs apparently resolved by re-installing the product. (In some cases a complete uninstall is recommended before the re-install.) It's a fairly easy "first ditch" effort, and the worst that will happen is that you'll rule out an installation error.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then it should be reported to Autodesk via Customer Error Reporting:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7047344&linkID=9240817

You will be expected to outline the steps that produce the error.
Valued Contributor
Message 8 of 18 (192 Views)

06-02-2009 10:13 AM in reply to: kbraun
This block is two years old, and worked fine until recently. The drawer itself is only one full object, always had been, and always visible in the vis-states. Only recently did the image (or objects) multiply, and not just in this one, but in many others. The ghosting image is the problem, and I'm not sure why the objects in the blocks are multiplying. Maybe a full re-install is necessary, but I was hoping to see if there was some easier fix to it.
Valued Contributor
Message 9 of 18 (192 Views)

06-17-2009 07:46 AM in reply to: kbraun
I re-installed the program and don't seem to have that duplication problem anymore, but I still seem to have an issue with re-defining blocks and errors. After re-defining a block in a drawing, and doing an audit after it, I still get that recommendation to re-start the program.
Valued Contributor
Message 10 of 18 (105 Views)

02-18-2012 10:33 AM in reply to: kbraun

Hi all,

Now using 2012, and still experiencing this problem, it has never really gone away. While I don't have a cure for this problem yet, I do have a solution that works well. In all my dynamic blocks I put a Visibility option into it, whether I need it or not. Then I create a Blank visibility into it. In this Blank visibility I turn all objects and parameters off. When I experience the duplicating problem, I go to the Blank visibility and delete all objects that are visible, because the duplicated objects show up in all visibilities. This is, by far, easier than selecting objects one by one and hoping they are not the original objects connected to the actions.  Note; the visibility and the base point do not turn off, so make sure you don't delete them.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community