Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

images duplicating in DBs (acadlt 2010)

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
kvnbrn
628 Views, 17 Replies

images duplicating in DBs (acadlt 2010)

I've recently been having a problem with the objects in DBs multiplying. The objects in a block are copied, sometimes once, sometimes several times. These new objects are not controlled by the actions and parameters that control the blocks. When the block is inserted, it works fine, but there is the copy of the base image remains as inserted. To fix this, I have to go into the block file, delete the extra images, re-select any images that are not connected to their actions, then re-define the block in my drawing. When I re-define the block, it creates enough errors that acad's audit recommends the drawing be closed. Attached is an example of this occurance. This is a recent event which has occured only in 2010. Is this something that can be prevented? It's getting to be a lot of work to stay on top of this problem.

Thanks, Kevin
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
dmfrazier
in reply to: kvnbrn

The DB in your attachment seemed to function normally for me (AutoCAD 2010). I didn't experience any multiplying objects or images.

"When the block is inserted, it works fine, but there is the copy of the base image remains as inserted."

It's difficult to visualize what you mean by this. Can you take screen shot of it? Edited by: dmfrazier on Jun 1, 2009 2:43 PM
Message 3 of 18
kvnbrn

There is an object inside the block already. if you stretch it up, or stretch it deeper, the drawer stretches, but there is another that doesn't move, and remains the same size. When I say it multiplies, I mean there is an object on top of the original. if you go into the block, select a line, or object, and delete it, another will be there behind it. it was not drawn that way.
Message 4 of 18
dmfrazier

I see what you mean now.

After editing the DB to remove the extra copies of objects and fix the action selection sets, I get no errors when saving the changes.

Have you tried a complete re-install of your AutoCAD LT 2010?
Message 5 of 18
kvnbrn

No I have not. Do you fell that is necessary? I've seen this happen in three different computers, the files are actually used by several people. But I guess I've seen the most of the problems being the one who is making the blocks.
Message 6 of 18
Charles_Shade

I agree with dmfrazier that there are several objects stacked on top of each other in this DB. I would ask if your vis states are collecting several of these objects where one will stretch and another not? Therefore looking like ghosting.

The DB creator may not be using vis states correctly.

Regards, Charles Shade
Message 7 of 18
dmfrazier

The only reason I mention it is that I've seen a lot of other quirky behavior issues reported in these DGs apparently resolved by re-installing the product. (In some cases a complete uninstall is recommended before the re-install.) It's a fairly easy "first ditch" effort, and the worst that will happen is that you'll rule out an installation error.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then it should be reported to Autodesk via Customer Error Reporting:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7047344&linkID=9240817

You will be expected to outline the steps that produce the error.
Message 8 of 18
kvnbrn

This block is two years old, and worked fine until recently. The drawer itself is only one full object, always had been, and always visible in the vis-states. Only recently did the image (or objects) multiply, and not just in this one, but in many others. The ghosting image is the problem, and I'm not sure why the objects in the blocks are multiplying. Maybe a full re-install is necessary, but I was hoping to see if there was some easier fix to it.
Message 9 of 18
kvnbrn

I re-installed the program and don't seem to have that duplication problem anymore, but I still seem to have an issue with re-defining blocks and errors. After re-defining a block in a drawing, and doing an audit after it, I still get that recommendation to re-start the program.
Message 10 of 18
kvnbrn

Hi all,

Now using 2012, and still experiencing this problem, it has never really gone away. While I don't have a cure for this problem yet, I do have a solution that works well. In all my dynamic blocks I put a Visibility option into it, whether I need it or not. Then I create a Blank visibility into it. In this Blank visibility I turn all objects and parameters off. When I experience the duplicating problem, I go to the Blank visibility and delete all objects that are visible, because the duplicated objects show up in all visibilities. This is, by far, easier than selecting objects one by one and hoping they are not the original objects connected to the actions.  Note; the visibility and the base point do not turn off, so make sure you don't delete them.

Message 11 of 18
RockyBrown4134

I am having the same problem in Autocad 2008. Are there any sugeestions to what really causes it? Any fixes?

Thanks.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D
Message 12 of 18
kvnbrn
in reply to: RockyBrown4134

No solution that I know of. I'm using 2013 and still having the problem.

I have a work around that helps. in every dynamic block I make, I have a visibiliy called "Blank". I turn off everything in that visibility that can be turned off. (Usually that leaves the visibility and base point parameters) When I experience the duplicating problem, I go into the Blank Visibility and delete all objects visible. All of those objects should be your duplicated objects. This save a lot of time trying to figure out which objects are suppose to be there, and which one's to not belong. It's worked well so far.

Message 13 of 18
RockyBrown4134

It sounds like you do this "before" you have duplicating issues, Correct?

If so, how to you handle them after they occur?

Thanks

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
Message 14 of 18
kvnbrn

Yes, make the visibility option when you make the block. Once it's there, and the objects duplicate, it's very easy and fast to delete them. Deleting them is the only thing you have to do.

Message 15 of 18
RockyBrown4134

A was affraid you would say that. Well, I know what to do to prevent it from happenig again.

Thanks for the workaround. I'll still continue to look for mor answers.

Rocky Brown
Message 16 of 18
kvnbrn

If you are using attributes, watch out! They can duplicate too!

Message 17 of 18
Charles_Shade

Can you post one of these wayward blocks?

Message 18 of 18
kvnbrn

already did, in the first post

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services