Did you mean: 

how to keep one stretched point from moving when block flips

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
elderla
1216 Views, 9 Replies

how to keep one stretched point from moving when block flips

In "test" mode, this block works well except for the point of the arrow. If you stretch the line under the title, then move the arrow point to somewhere else, then flip it, the arrow point and its associated grip needs to stay put.

It actually does, the first time. BUT then if you move the arrow point again and flip it again, it does not.

Then, when I inserted it into another drawing, either with "insert" or via SSM, the flip doesn't stick to the point even the first time.

So I guess my question is how to flip it but keep the point where it happens to be when the flip occurs. Like a multileader, because what I am actually trying to create here is a multileader that has an annotative block with attribute fields, to be used with SSM. 

Thanks so much

Donna

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ojuris
in reply to: elderla

hi

Is this what You want?

Juris

Message 3 of 10
elderla
in reply to: ojuris

YES,this is what I want. As far as I can see, what you did is add a base point parameter, am I right?

so now I guess I need to read up on that!

thanks so much.

Donna

Message 4 of 10
ojuris

basepoint I add for better usability

but for Your problem I remove chaining from point parameter ...

Juris

Message 5 of 10
elderla

oops, I looked at it more closely, it isn't what I need after all!

what I want is for the grip at the tip of the arrow to not move from wherever it was stretched to when I flip the block.

perhaps if I give an example:

in a drawing I call out a feature with this block, stretching the arrow point to touch the feature. Subsequently, the text turns out to be in an inconvienient place, and I want to flip the block. So I flip it, and , ideally, the arrow point stays where it is.  So I just figured out how to do it: add the flip line to the stretch action on the arrow point. That seems the right approach, but now the flip does not stay in the ortho position. Any ideas?

thanks so much for your help so far, and for any more you may have for me.

Donna

Message 6 of 10
ojuris

look at this

Juris

Message 7 of 10
elderla

Juris

that is it! I see you added a move action to the stretch action. How did you do that? It's not linked to the stretch, which is what I would have thought you have to do. Do they work together because they select the same object, the flip parameter?

Anyway, however it works, it seems to do what I want. well, what I asked you for help with.

So now I made it annotative, and moved the insertion point to a more useful place.

the last thing would be to make it possible to stretch the arrow top  with all the rest of the block. Because, say I have stretched the arrow point to the feature, but now I realize the text and all the rest of the block have to move, with or without a flip. I still want the arrow to stay put, so I need a stretch function for everything else to move. Believe me, Juris, I just spent at least an hour trying all my ideas on how to do that with disasterous results. I do not seem to understand the logic of this....

anyway, can you save me one more time?

Donna

Message 8 of 10
ojuris

I don't know am I understood Your wishes, but look at this

Juris

Message 9 of 10
elderla

Thank you so much! that is exactly what I wanted. Now I see I was overthinking this. you have taught me a great deal!

I will post this on the thread "Dynamic Block Show Off / Examples, Samples, List / Your Best Blocks", after I am sure I have saved it correctly and tested it completely with the sheet set manager. thanks again, Juris.

Donna

Message 10 of 10
elderla

Juris, I posted this block for all to use at

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/Dynamic-Block-Show-Off-TOO/td-p/2686376/highlight/false...

thanks again for all your help!

Donna

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services