Did you mean: 

dxf dynamic points

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cynwalker
256 Views, 4 Replies

dxf dynamic points

Hi,
I have some drawings with dynamic point in them. My problem is I need to use them as actual points in other software programs. When I dxf out the point block I get two lines crossed in an x instead of an actual point. Is there some way to change the drawing to regular points before dxfing? I just need the x,y,z of the point not any text.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Ron_Auble
in reply to: cynwalker

I don't think anyone is sure what you want here. Maybe an example of the block you are working with would help.

Ron
Message 3 of 5
cynwalker

Sorry about that. I have attached the block "spot-elev". ACAD sees this as a point and reads it as a dynamic block in the block editor. When I dxf it and open it in another software the block is exploded and it reads as two plines. What I need is a point for the spot elevation.
Message 4 of 5
Ron_Auble

The attached program will put a POINT at the insertion point of all blocks of the name you select. It places them in the same layer as a block that you select. You could assign another layer with small tweak to the code. This program doesn't do any checking to see if you already ran it. Run it twice and you get two points at each block. Hope this fixes your problem.

Ron

Auble Consulting
Ronald Auble, P.S.
Message 5 of 5
cynwalker

Thanks for the lisp. I appreciate it.

Cindy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services