Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I pass attribute values to dynamic block parameters?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gbfriedman
873 Views, 1 Reply

can I pass attribute values to dynamic block parameters?

I am looking for a way to use the ATTIN/ATTOUT workflow to bring in data from an excel spreadsheet to drive the size of each of my block's instances. The block will be simple, a rectangle, with width and length parameters. For each entity in my excel/csv file these parameter values are spelled out. I know how to display these parameters in my attributes, but I don't know how, if I were to feed in these values, to drive the geometry. If there's a better way to take a list of width and length values to generate a series of blocks each with a rectangle containing its respective size, please let me know. thanks so much!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dbroad
in reply to: gbfriedman

I don't think there are any built-in ways to do what you want.  Datalink will let you display information from excel.

You should consider a program, possibly with reactors if you have constantly changing data from Excel.  LISP, VBA, .NET could be set up to read Excel and to insert or manage the blocks.

Dynamic block parameters cannot get their information from Attributes.  Attributes can get their information from block parameters.  Access to block parameters is available to programs.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services