block with attributes within a dynamic block

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mmalensek8
1106 Views, 2 Replies

block with attributes within a dynamic block

Hello,

I've created my dynamic block and everything is working good except for 1 thing.
I want the block with attributes within the dynamic block to be centered horizontally and vertically within the dynamic block.
I have already tried the move action with the linear parameter at a .5 multiplier as well as the stretch action with the same multiplier.
As it was shown on www.cad-notes.com/how-to-keep-attributes-at-dynamic-block-center/
Please note the block was created in ADT07 educational version.
Also, there will be multiple instances of this dynamic block in a drawing with varying sizes to cover different size areas of a floor plan.
How can I have the attribute data update in those other instances instead of it looking at the first instance?

I looking to use this to create a quote from all of the attribute/field data.

Please see attached for the block.

Thank You!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: mmalensek8

Use a block placeholder field referencing a distance parameter.  A regen will update it if it has changed.

Also, you can add more than one action to a single parameter.  In other words, you can add a stretch action to a linear parameter and then add a move action to the same parameter.  That way, a single grip does both actions.  I think that is at the hear of why your text is not centered.  

Message 3 of 3
mmalensek8
in reply to: Libbya

@Libbya wrote:

Use a block placeholder field referencing a distance parameter.  A regen will update it if it has changed.

Also, you can add more than one action to a single parameter.  In other words, you can add a stretch action to a linear parameter and then add a move action to the same parameter.  That way, a single grip does both actions.  I think that is at the hear of why your text is not centered.  

Thanks Libbya!

I didn't know that you could use more than one action for a single parameter that solved my problem. 🙂

I had to explode the attribute block within the dynamic block and redo the fields for everything to work correctly so I was unable to use the placeholder field this time.

Thank you and have a great day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services