Did you mean:Ā 

automatically flip attribute text in dyn block

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Klingi162
1489 Views, 8 Replies

automatically flip attribute text in dyn block

Hey guys,

I'm using a dynamic block (file is attached) to set my hights within a section, everything works pretty nice, except for the attribute text.

I have a dropdown list for differnent situations.

Now my issue:
The text for the first 5 points in my list are fine like that, but the last 4 should point me the hight below a celing and therefor flip the text under the little triangle. I tried quiet everything but didn't come to a solution. The flip-parameter only works for mtext but not for attributes and isn't anyway what I'm trying to achieve, because it should automatically flip like the triangle already does. I also can't input second attribute and turn off the first one via "visibility", because I'm running a Lisp which then gets confused if there are more than one attribute in the block.

I'm a little bit frustrated already and hope you guys could help me. Smiley Sad

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Klingi162

Start with Locking your Attribs.

Attribs will not respond to Dynamic Actiosn if they are not Locked

Message 3 of 9
Klingi162
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hey Charles,

I tried what you suggested, but unfortunatly it didn't do what I was looking for.

I'd like to work with the visibiltystatus only, without the need to flip the attribute or anything. It should automatically flip or move the attibute it when I select a certain value from my visibiltylist.

Message 4 of 9
Klingi162

Simple put: Attribute position controlled by visibility state

Message 5 of 9
Charles_Shade

Likely two Attrib positions that each read the height with one placed at each location.

Depending on the Vis State one or the other would show.

Can you post a static example? 

Message 6 of 9
Klingi162
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I guess thats the thing I'm looking for, two attributes that read the height. I hope, that it will still work with my Lisp though. Smiley Frustrated

I post the file and taged it for a better understanding.

Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 9
Klingi162

I just found a way via Lookup that flips the attribute when I change the visibility state.

thx anyway Charles 

Message 8 of 9
Libbya

It's helpful to future readers who use the search to actually post the solution.  

Instead of a second attribute, I would add a lookup parameter that coordinated the visibility state with an incremental linear move that placed the text at the desired position.  

Message 9 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Libbya

That is what the OP did it seems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

ā€Boost

ā€Tips

ā€Services