Did you mean: 

annotative parameters inside dynamic blocks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
donbaker2773
765 Views, 3 Replies

annotative parameters inside dynamic blocks

Hello all,

I've made annotative blocks and I've made dynamic blocks... My intent is to integrate both but I can't find a way to move dynamic block parameters separately at different annotative scales.

In other words, if I insert an annotative dimension and add multiple scales I can move the dimension grips independently at each scale. If I insert a dynamic block I want to be able to use the dynamic block's action "grips" to do the same. However, with a dynamic block, if I move a stretch action at one annotation scale it moves the action at all annotation scales.

The attached file shows a simple example.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
n_mitchell
in reply to: donbaker2773

Have you gotten any farther with this issue? Our office seems to be having the same difficulties...

Message 3 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: n_mitchell

A similar request came up here in the last couple of weeks though I do not believe a solution was found there either.

In both cases the OP's are assuming that a single Dyn Blk at different scales will somehow be several different Dyn Blk.

If you make a change in one scale the block is going to change across all scales because it is the same block.

While making these Annotative offers greater flexibility across multiple Viewports there does seem to be some significant drawbacks when it comes to text involved with those Blocks

Message 4 of 4
lelslessing
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hello, and thanks for the post - is there a solution to this?  

Basically it means that I need to stretch the block back and forth each time when switching scales is that right?

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services