angled stretch and flip actions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ddepriest
1173 Views, 3 Replies

angled stretch and flip actions

Hello,

I am working on a dynamic bi-fold door block. I have added actions that adjust the two leaves of the door to correspond to different opening widths and allow the jamb width to be adjusted. I am now trying to add flip actions in both directions. There is a regular swing door block in the drawing and I want the bi-fold door to have basically the same functionality as the swing door does. I can't seem to get the angled stretch actions required for adjusting the opening width to work after flipping.

I have tried including the stretch actions in the selection set for the flip but it does not seem to work.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ddepriest

Add your Flip Actions to the geometry as needed and make sure that works with the static Block.

No add your Leaf Stretch Actions to the selection set of each Flip Action. This should work for you.

Two things:

1. BACTIONBARMODE to 0 makes adding entities to a Selection set easier.

2. It IS unusual to include Actions in other Action Selection sets. Flip being the general exception to this rule.

Message 3 of 4
ddepriest
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks Charles,

Setting the BACTIONBARMODE to 0 did the trick. I guess I wasn't really selecting the actions I was clicking on before. 

Message 4 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ddepriest

With that mode set to 1 you have to right click the icon and use Add from the drop down menu.

It is a bit wonky IMHO to have to go about it that way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services