Did you mean: 

Zoom All & Extents problem with blocks containing fields on layout tabs

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
whitlock_chris
1695 Views, 6 Replies

Zoom All & Extents problem with blocks containing fields on layout tabs

Hi

We have a new title block which now contains various fields to automatically populate the drawing number, number of sheets, issue etc.  The problem we have is when we go to zoom all or extents on a layout tab it moves the layout to the right each time.  If we only have one layout or we use a plain title block i.e. with no fields, the zoom works fine (layout stays put in the centre).  This is also true if we directly insert a field onto the layout - again no problems. 

The cause of the problem only happens when... 

• a block containing a field is inserted onto the paper space of a layout and,
  • there are multiple layouts containing blocks with fields

Can someone help please?

Thanks

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I've attached a drawing to show the problem.

Sheet 1 is the new complete title block - this moves to the right on a zoom all/extents

Sheet 2 is the new title block with no fields (title info right hand side) - this is OK and doesn't move

Sheet 3 is the new title block with just one field (drawing title parameter mapped from our design data manager DB) -  this moves to the right on a zoom all/extents

Sheet 4 is the new title block with just one field (diesel expression for sheet no.) - this moves to the right on a zoom all/extents

Hope this clarifys the issue a bit more.

Thanks

Chris

Message 3 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: whitlock_chris

I don't see anything unusual when using Zoom>Extents on each layout (AutoCAD2013).  Can you identify what behavior is different than what's shown below?

Zoom-Extents.gif

Message 4 of 7
whitlock_chris
in reply to: nestly2

It only seems to happen when you cycle through each layout at least two times alternating between zoom all & extents on each occasion.  We have tried this on two machines running AutoCAD2013 and experience the same problem.

Message 5 of 7

I've used the Windows7 "Problem Steps Recorder" to help show the problem.  As you can see all but Sheet 2 move to the right each time, it's bizarre. 

Message 6 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: whitlock_chris

I clicked through the layouts probably 20 times each, while using Zoom>All and Zoom>Extents from the Zoom toolbar, and only once did the Layout move to the right of center  (it was Sheet1), so the problem does exist, but I couldn't make it happen a 2nd time.

Other than not being perfectly centered in the screen, is there a negative impact on the drawings/plots? 

>>It only seems to happen when you cycle through each layout at least two times alternating between zoom all & extents on each occasion

If it only happens under those specific conditions, then perhaps avoid doing that?

Message 7 of 7
whitlock_chris
in reply to: nestly2

I've tried a number of plots and they have all worked fine.  I guess we can live with it if it is just a glitch, I was hoping it was just a setting that needed changing.  Thanks for your time & help.

Best Regards

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services