Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Dynamic Block Problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
hwalker
1348 Views, 9 Replies

Weird Dynamic Block Problem

I've attached part of the problem drawing, which was originally created in LT 2012

The block in question was inserted and then copied using the standard Autocad copy.

The drawing was then saved.

A colleague opened up the drawing in Full Autocad 2012, and the result is what you see.

The bottom block is what it is meant to look like. The top two blocks are what it changes to.

Has anyone any idea whay setting is messing the block up.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: hwalker

Are you talking about the frame?  The only difference I see between the three is the text color of the attribute which has been changed in the bottom one within the multiline attribute text editor.  What's the issue?

Message 3 of 10
Charles_Shade

Other than the text string being a different color I do not see anything obvious.

Is that the issue?

Message 4 of 10
steven-g

Did you copy and paste the attribute text from another source,  either when you created the attribute or when you changed it's contents, I can't figure out how it was done, but look closely at the properties of the attributes, there is a difference in the formating of the text, that for some reason is lost when you edit the values. I can't reproduce the effect, there must be something in the way either you or your collegue are editing the block that is creating the difference, I have tried all different ways of editing the attribute and importing text, but it has me stumped!

Message 5 of 10
hwalker

The text changing is the issue. Open the block in block editor and you will see that the text is a multiline attribute. The first part of the text up to and including: should be colour 160(iirc). I then have a tab and hanging indent and the rest of the text is white. Also the height of the text is different as well.

The top two have lost all my formatting changes.

The blocks insert and edit fine (stay as the bottom). It's when they are OPENED, BEFORE any changes are made that the blocks lose the formatting.

And this problem is arbitrary in the same drawing. I can have 30 blocks inserted in a drawing, working fine. Then someone else opens it and 10 of those blocks change and the rest stay ok

EDIT

I suggest if you have access to full Autocad AND LT do the following using Autocad's copy function make multiple copies of the block and save the drawing. The in the other version open the drawing.

As you can see from my first post both versions of the software are 2012

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 10
hwalker

Sorry it shouldn't say when they are opened it should say when the drawing is opened

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 10
steven-g

How are you creating the attributes with multiple formats, I have tried both fulll and LT, when creating the attributes in the block editor it will only show me a basic text editor without the ability to set formats, and when editing the blocks this is the same issue, all taxt reverts to the first format of the attribute. Copying or inserting is fine, it's only editing that makes things change, even attempting to edit the attribute in the block editor makes it lose the secondary formatting.

Message 8 of 10
steven-g
in reply to: steven-g

Message 9 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: steven-g

Attipe is set to one on both machines. It happens when the drawing is opened BEFORE any editing is done at all.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 10 of 10
steven-g

Sorry, I've opened, closed, copied, inserted, and edited in both full and LT now with Attipe set at 1 no issues, it could well be another similar variable, but which one?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services