Did you mean: 

Variable insertion point not working

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
540 Views, 9 Replies

Variable insertion point not working

Hi all,

I am trying to create a dynamic block which when inserted by its base point prompt the user for a distance the item (this case a brachet) is to be apart from the basepoint point.

I have an example drawing but cant get the block to work at best the item (which by default is placed 300mm from the baseboint) will add the new distance to the allready existing vale rather then become the new distance total (so if the usser enters 100 the new distance between basepoint and item will be 400) what I want is that the new distance would be 100???

Attached is a sample of the block could anyone please explain what Im doing wrong? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Anonymous

Please correct me if Im wrong. So you basically want to change this distance? (See Attachment) Or am I understanding you incorrectly

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Yes thats it I want to be able to determine that distance upon insertion of the block
Message 4 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan

Is this what you are looking for?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 10
AcadAdamLT

There is no option for Autocad to prompt value of parameter upon insertion.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

But you can change the value when you drag the grip.

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 10
AcadAdamLT

am trying to create a dynamic block which when inserted by its base point prompt the user for a distance the item (this case a brachet) is to be apart from the basepoint point.

Just pointing out that what OP said isn't possible.

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 8 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

How about inserting an attribute in the parameters so when he inserts the block the Attribute dialog would appear requesting a value

Jo - Ann
Message 9 of 10
steven-g

I don't know of a way to prompt for values, but you could work around that and prompt for a value, and use that value in a macro to move the block,

^C^Csetenv;choose;\insert;BlockName;\1;1;0;m;l;;0,0;$M=$(getenv,choose),0

this will prompt for a value, then insert the block and move it by the amount entered, you may need to adjust the macro as it uses the insert settings that I have set up. It would probably be possible using LISP as well, but it isn't possible to get a block to prompt for dynamic input at insertion.

Message 10 of 10
AcadAdamLT

An attribute to control a parameter is not possible, you can use a block property tablet to display an attribute based on the value of a parameter, but not the other way around.

AutoCad LT 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services