Did you mean: 

Variable insertion point not working

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
276 Views, 1 Reply

Variable insertion point not working

Hi all,

I am trying to create a dynamic block which when inserted by its base point prompt the user for a distance the item (this case a brachet) is to be apart from the basepoint point.

I have an example drawing but cant get the block to work at best the item (which by default is placed 300mm from the baseboint) will add the new distance to the allready existing vale rather then become the new distance total (so if the usser enters 100 the new distance between basepoint and item will be 400) what I want is that the new distance would be 100???

Attached is a sample of the block could anyone please explain what Im doing wrong? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Anonymous

Without looking at the block, each block has a basepoint, which remains in the one relation to your block. However, you can add several point moves to your block, which result in multiple grips you can drag the block around by. If memory serves, you can use visibility states to determine which grips show and when. Can these point move grips themselves be moved by distance entries. I honestly don't know, but that might be a starting point for you to test out further ideas 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services