Did you mean: 

Using the dynamic array function

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cve60069
520 Views, 3 Replies

Using the dynamic array function

hello

I have created a small dynamic block that manipulated some lines (attached). The properties table allows s1, b1, b2 and c to be modified.  The white lines control the cyan and red.

The red-lines have an array within (green lines) which I want to lock to the blue line parametrically. The array may be dragged physically but thats not the point; its need to be automatic (Revit style).

Any clues on how to please.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: cve60069

Make a linear parameter with an array action attached, just like you normally would.

Select the parameter, properties, Grips: 0, and set Chain action parameter to 1.

Then include your array-parameter in the stretch action for your blue line.

Now everytime you stretch your blue line the red/green will follow with array.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 4
cve60069
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Adam

Thank you for the advice.  I tried everything to get it to work to no avail.  However, I have finished the model and its only the dynamic array that is letting the side down.  Would you have a look at the model for me please.  I have tried dimension contraints in both the model and in the drawing-object.

The forum will not let me attach the drawing (5kb minimum and the model is 171kb) so I have put the model on my server, if thats ok.

Link http://www.hemis.co.uk/projects/cad/cad.html.

Regards

Daniel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services