Uniting 2 blocks - who can do it?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
344 Views, 6 Replies

Uniting 2 blocks - who can do it?

Howdy all,

First post here.

I'm having trouble getting a set of parameters to work together in this block i have created.

File attached for reference

Block 1 (EXTENT_OF_WORKS) and Block 2 (EXTENT_STRETCHED) are attached to file.

As is on both blocks i need a central insertion point/base point.

Block 1 has two rotate commands. The inner rotate command is to align the block so that it is perpendicular on a straight line of a route. The outer is to align perpendicularly in the case where the centre point of the block falls on an arc segment of a route.

Block 1 has also got a flip command.. to flip.

As is block 1 works well. but i also need a stretch command that can extend both ends of the block, away from the centre, at the same time. See block 2.

I have tried to complete this block in multiple ways to no avail.

Any input or advice appreciated

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Mr Shade,

thank you very much

it works perfect now.

no external commands. woot.

i have tried to emulate your stretch but cant

i previously used a single parameter and chained the actions. result see image attached.

i see the 180 angle offset on the stretch action, but i dont understand that.

how does your block work? how does it stretch equally?

or if you can identify what may have been going wrong when i chained my actions. image attached

Message 4 of 7
ojuris

hi!

Charles add both stretch actions from same linear parameter end - that`s why he needs 180 angle offset

There is another version - change base location for Linear parameter from Startpoint to Midpoint and add stretch action on each end without 180 angle offest (attach file)

Regards

Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ojuris

Funny - It was only recently that I noticed that you could do what I did and not as you have described Juris.

Always did it your way AND set the Parameter to Mid-Point.  Redundant.

Good to hear from you Juris.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

hey guys,

i have looked at both your blocks and they both work great, however, i am unable to emulate what you have done.

i have tried offseting the stretch action by 180*, as is done by mr shade. but only one side is stretching stll.

my first attempt was similar to ojuris, but i had also chained my actions. i tried the base location=midpoint again,without chaining, and still it does not work well for me.

ojuris, see eow.jpg image attached to 3rd post. this is what i get with your method

mr shade, emulating your method gives me a single side stretching and the block obscures off its base point after multiple uses of the rotate commands.

is this a problem with MY autocad, autocad 2010, or am i adding in/leaving out certain things in my action selection sets.

i cant seem to get this one guys. it is defeating me.

attached is another TextOnLine block. i have used ojuris' method. failed.

cheers guys, its a great help, much much appreciated.

my boss should also be thankful as i have been involved in this one block for a while now. well it will apply to many more blocks later tho.

Message 7 of 7
ojuris

hi!

I think You doing things right except selecting elements for stretch actions

for left side I select only line, for right - line, mtext and only rotation parameter

regards

Juris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services