Did you mean: 

Text orientation in Dynamic Blocks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Spiritshifterus
769 Views, 5 Replies

Text orientation in Dynamic Blocks

Greetings, boardmembers.

I have attached a Dynamic Block here, with which I'm having a couple of issues with, and I am asking for help. This is a simple block (an Mtext element within a circle, perched upon a line). There's a Polar Stretch Action within, to make the encircled Mtext free-floating from the line. Here are the things I would like to happen with the block (in order of importance):

1) I recently learned of the ability for Annotative text to automatically orient itself to a paper space layout viewport. I would like the encircled Mtext to do this,

2) When I Polar Stretch the encircled Mtext away from the origin (which is the endpoint of the line not touching the circle (must stay that way)), I'd like the extension of the line to always pass through the circle's center (thus, the line is always an extension of the radius), and

3) I would like the whole block to be Annotative to 1" = 100' (most often) and 1" = 50' (one or two sheets)

For Item #2, I thought that would be handled through a Constraint, but I couldn't get it to behave right.

Would anyone be willing to help me with this? Thanks in advance to all who try.

Chris Martin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
W2CAD
in reply to: Spiritshifterus

In your case I think the best solution is not a dynamic block but an multileader style with the content being supplied by your block. It won't orient to the layout but I believe it meets all of your other requirements. Attached is a drawing containing the suggested annotative multileader style.

Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6
ojuris

hi! try this block Juris
Message 4 of 6
ojuris

I can't add file

You can get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401581/Test%20Station-2.dwg

Juris

Message 5 of 6

Dear W2CAD and ojuris,

I wish to thank you both for your attempts.

W2CAD, your work at creating a multileader is something I had attempted myself, and didn't get quite as far as yourself. Multileaders are a great thing to happen to AutoCAD.

However, to ojuris, your block is closer to what I wish to happen as my final product. However, I do not fully understand how you got it to work in the manner you did. Would you please explain your block and its parameters/actions to me? I see a position parameter and a distance parameter, and I see a Move, a Scale, and a Polar Stretch action in play, and I do not fully grasp how they work together.

Maybe if I can unlock the ability for the block to shrink and grow annotatively and let text orient to views within blocks, we'll have the answers.

Again, thank you both, and please enjoy your respective holiday seasons if you observe them.

Chris Martin

Message 6 of 6
ojuris

hi

1. point parameter (chained) + move action - to move text, but don't rotate

2. polar parameter

a. scale action line

b. polar stretch action - streching circle and point parameter, rotate line

Regards
Juris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services