Did you mean: 

TEXT ATTRIBUTES WITHIN DYNAMIC BLOCKS

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
T_RIGBY94
1291 Views, 13 Replies

TEXT ATTRIBUTES WITHIN DYNAMIC BLOCKS

This is a tricky one, maybe? i have a 2d camera for layout drawings. 

cam 1.png

as you can see, ive got 2 actions, rotate about a point for the camera view and move for the camera name however, i will need to change that camera number each time (i could be using 40+ cameras on one drawing) i know there is a way of adding attributes to the text, allowing me to double click on the text in model view and just simply change what the text is. however it of course needs to say within the block, still needs to be able to move freely (move action) i dont want to explode the block each time, defeats the object of having the dynamic block in the first place.

if anyone could have that would be fantastic!!!!! ill attach the file.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ojuris
in reply to: T_RIGBY94

is it what you want?

Message 3 of 14
T_RIGBY94
in reply to: ojuris

IT IS, however as grateful as i am, i literally just worked out how to do it, but many thanks as usual! 

Message 4 of 14
ojuris
in reply to: T_RIGBY94

just insert attribute instead of text

after You insert new attribute, use ATTSYNC command, to see attribute

Message 5 of 14
g.krishh001

Do we have any solution to show these attributes as default? Now when i insert block i doesn't have any tag it was empty then i need to Run ATTSYNC then the tag appears. but i hav several blocks so its hard to give attsync for everytime .

Thanks in Advance!

Message 6 of 14
ojuris
in reply to: g.krishh001

I don't really understand your problem

Attsync you need only if you add attribute in existing block and close block editor. Then you use Attsync and see new attribute.

If you insert new block - it must show attribute if your attribute have Default value what you can add in Block editor mode.

Message 7 of 14
g.krishh001

Thanks for the reply

Yes you are right when i insert a block it should show those attributes and it happens only when i insert  a block manually

but here we are using automation so its hard that we don't get  any default attributes it seems we need to run Attsync every time so could you suggest some other solutions to have text as a dynamic one?

Thanks in advance!

Message 8 of 14
ojuris

what you mean by insert block manually?

I think that you can't see attribute default value in 2 situations:

1. you insert block in file where you already have block with same name and without default attribute value. In this case you must correct existing block in drawing
  2. you copy block with edited attribute value and that value is empty
Message 9 of 14
g.krishh001

Insert manually- by giving insert(I) command
so i f i insert manually it shows attributes but when it is automized it doesn't show any attributes
Message 10 of 14
ojuris

automized is how?

Message 11 of 14
g.krishh001

somecoding sorry i'm not aware about it exactly
so do we have any other solution to make text as dynamic
Message 12 of 14
ojuris

I don't know other solution

check do you add correct block automatically - may be that is old version without default attribute value

Message 13 of 14
g.krishh001

ok Thankyou! 

and i have one more Question that could we stretch a curved profile without changing its radius! if yes you could tell me how to do!

Thanks in Advance!

Message 14 of 14
g.krishh001

i have attached a snap where i need to to stretch length form 500 to 300 but the curve radius should be always 570 can anyone help me!

Thanks in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services