Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretch horiz. and vert. from corner point

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
254 Views, 3 Replies

Stretch horiz. and vert. from corner point

I hope I can explain this. I've created a block (1 unit wide x 1 unit tall) where I can stretch it either horizontally OR vertically and create any combination of units wide and tall. BUT, I'd like to just pull at a corner point and increase it horizontally AND vertically at the same time, again, being able to create any combination of units wide and tall (NOTE: the width and height are not the same distance and I'm controlling them incrementally, by their width or height distance). Also, if I stretch it to the left or down, the grip points stay at the original base point, rather than "sticking" to the endpoints of the square. Is there anyway to adjust that? I've attached my block with what I have so far, if anyone's willing to take a look. I'm at my wit's end.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Kiersten wrote:
> I hope I can explain this. I've created a block (1 unit wide x 1 unit tall) where I can stretch it either horizontally OR vertically and create any combination of units wide and tall. BUT, I'd like to just pull at a corner point and increase it horizontally AND vertically at the same time, again, being able to create any combination of units wide and tall (NOTE: the width and height are not the same distance and I'm controlling them incrementally, by their width or height distance). A
> lso, if I stretch it to the left or down, the grip points stay at the original base point, rather than "sticking" to the endpoints of the square. Is there anyway to adjust that? I've attached my block with what I have so far, if anyone's willing to take a look. I'm at my wit's end.

Is this what you are trying to accomplish? This was done using the XY
Stretch Box Set, which includes an XY Parameter, and four stretch actions.

--
Brian Winterscheidt
LWPB Architects & Planners, P.C.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

It is indeed! I had tried the XY Parameter earlier, but couldn't get that to work either. Apparently, when I picked my stretch box, I crossed thru the full length of the width or length - not just the corner, as it looks like you've done. I'm still a little confused that it works this way... but at least it works. THANK YOU!!
Message 4 of 4
JohnCP

Your files helped me as I was trying to do something similar with a symbo. (thanks!). The difference being I wanted the insertion point to be centered on one of the surfaces and remain that way as the object is re-sized. After some fiddleing and puzzleing here is the result (see "rect" block. I needed 3 extra stretch actions to control the insertion point. Hope it helps someone.
-john

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services