Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretch block so that part of it is always on the same high

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
vladop
663 Views, 8 Replies

Stretch block so that part of it is always on the same high

Is it possible to stretch block depending of the insertion point so that the bottom part is always on the same high.

See attached image.

Regards,

Vladimir 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: vladop

Do you want the changes to be automatic on Insertion based on User input or have the User make the Stretch after the DynBlk is inserted?

Message 3 of 9
vladop
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I want it automatic, I already have stretch action in the block.

Is it possible to use insertion point y coordinate as parameter in Parameters Manager expression to calculate line length.

Regards,

Vladimir 

Message 4 of 9
Charles_Shade

You are going to need some programming to accomplish what you wish.

Someone may come by and offer help in that regard or you can try the Customization Forums to see what may be doable.

Regarding your query: How does the DynBlk know that you want it stretched as shown without telling it?

Message 5 of 9
vladop

Charles,

thank you for your replies.

That's what I expected, but I had to check it.

Maybe in some future release it would be possible to define construction geometry or attribute as "external".

For example one could define construction line in dynamic block and  constrain geometry in block to be 20 units below this construction line. Than declare this line as "external", so that on block insertion ACAD asks to select line in the drawing that will take place of the construction line in the block, with all defined constrains.

So if you  move selected line block moves to. Or if you change line length something else that was defined in the dynamic block changes. Insertion point would be one of these "external' parameters.

Regard,

Vladimir

Message 6 of 9
Charles_Shade

I'm gonna put my foot in my mouth and assume locality from name.

If you do speak Russian or similar Slavic language troll the forums/websites there.

There is lots of good interesting stuff that I've seen come out of the Russian Forums.

You might see something there and it is done within the parameters of AutoCAD without third party programs.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 7 of 9
vladop

You're right, Serbian.

Message 8 of 9
gil.dalton

Are the Y values always going to be be the same or can they be any value?

If they are going to be a small set of values you could use the Action Recorder to Insert a Block and Change Dynamic Property Values, this would give you some quick commands to easily insert your block with the correct length. You could also extend this with a DIESEL script to automatically run the correct Action. Something along the lines of:

^C^C_.Lastpoint;\_USERS1;$(IF,$(=,$(rtos,$(index,1,$(getvar,USERS1)),2,0),120),INSERT_AT_120,DO_SOMETHING_ELSE)

Message 9 of 9
vladop

Always the same, only one value.

Thanks a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services