Did you mean: 

Same block - different layers

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kkline116
2506 Views, 2 Replies

Same block - different layers

This is a completely shot in the dark, and I highly doubt this is possible... but...

I have a piece of machinery with a platform around it. We need those two things to be different colors for reasons I won't bore you with.

Right now, I have it set up where, you bring in the block on a -proposed layer, and then you can change it to a -existing layer, and everything changes to that new layer's colors (elements on 0 and bylayer).

However, what I would like to have happen is, inside that same block, I would like for the platform to change from a different color to a different color when the machine does.

So... the entire block (machine + platform) is on a layer - machine-pro. I bring it in, and everything is blue (for proposed). When I switch it to the machine-existing layer, it changes to a dark blue. I know I can have the platform be red and the machine blue, but when I switch the machine over to the existing (dark blue) the platform would still be red (because its set as a "hard" color other than by layer).

Is there a way to make the platform turn to a dark red (existing) from the bright red (proposed) when the machine turns to a dark blue (existing) from bright blue (proposed), but it all be in one block?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: kkline116

You could separate them by having the machine set "ByLayer" and the platform set "ByBlock", that way you would be able to control the machine by changing color on layer and the platform by changing color on block.

Otherwise you could always resort to visibilities, but I would not recommend.

Hope it helps.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 3
kkline116
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

That does help.

It's not quite as "automatic" as I was thinking, but that would at least give us the flexibility we need.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services