Did you mean: 

Rotation question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BillMazza
372 Views, 5 Replies

Rotation question

I know I brought this question up before, but I really want to get this to work.

I have a motor tag, with a leader I'm able to stretch, and rotate. But the motor symbol, on the very end of the leader, I want the ability to rotate that as well.

Everytime I set a rotate parameter, regardless of how small I set the radius, it still throws the motor symbol off into space.

I want the motor symbol to stay at the end of the leader, move with the leader, and rotate independently.

I have attached a dwg file with a sample motor tag.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: BillMazza

Is this wat you mean?

Message 3 of 6
BillMazza
in reply to: Anonymous

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

I just don't get it, I was adding a rotation parameter using the center of the motor symbol as a base point as well, then choosing the action 'rotate' but all it kept doing was rotating the motor symbol around the radius, detaching it from the leader.

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

You likely had the Rotate Action included in another Rotate Action.

Funny how what we did a couple weeks ago was the same solution here.

Message 5 of 6
BillMazza

The issue turned out to be when I was selecting objects to rotate, I wasn't selecting the parameters that go along with the object I wanted to rotate. I would just select the object itself. Which threw off any other parameter associated with that object, if it wasn't selected with any new action. I hope I explained that right, but anyhow, it does work fine.

Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade

Yep, you do need to include the Parameters when Rotating the Entities or with most any Action that you want to subsequently manipulate another Action with.

They do need to go along for the ride.

Glad you got it worked out

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services