Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating a leader around an ellipse

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BillMazza
1392 Views, 5 Replies

Rotating a leader around an ellipse

Is there a way, using dynamic blocks, to rotate a line around an ellipse, so that that leader is always centered with the center of the ellipse, but it actually starts at the circumfrence of the ellipse.

Like with a circle, you choose, rotation, using the center of the circle as the base point, and then setting your radius, and choosing the 'rotate' action. I need to do basically the same thing, but with an ellipse.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BillMazza
in reply to: BillMazza

To add to this,

I also have a motor symbol attached to the end of the leader, which I have on a separate rotation around it's center, but when I move the leader around, the rotation parameter for the motor, at the end of the leader, stays in place, and if I try to use the rotation action on that motor, it will fling it off into space. It will travel just fine with the leader rotation, but trying to adjust that separate rotation just doesn't seem to work.

So, along with my original question, how do I maintain the rotation of a seperate object, on an object which already has a rotation associated with it?

Message 3 of 6
Charles_Shade

Post what you got for the Leader. This, I think, can be accomplished with a Polar Set

As for the Rotation: No.

If the Rotation shape could be an ellipse then yes but as it is a circle I do not see that happening.

Message 4 of 6
BillMazza
in reply to: Charles_Shade

The visibility tag is just below the circle/ellipse, there are 3 states. I have no problem with the leader going around the circle, but I just need to figure out how to do that with the ellipse.

I also need to know how to rotate the motor symbol independently, I can do that part, but I want that parameter to move with the leader itself, and not remain in one place. I currently removed the secondary rotation for the motor symbol.

Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade

Put a Wipeout in the ellipse behind the Attrib and on top of the Leader. That would make it look like it was rotating abotut the ellipse. Might need to make the Wipeout about 100 segments to keep it tight.

Sorry, not sure where you are trying to go with the Motor Symbol rotation.

What is the Motor Symbol? The piece at the end?

(GUESS ATTACHED)

Message 6 of 6
BillMazza
in reply to: Charles_Shade

The motor is the piece on the end, so when I rotate it on the screen to place it on top of a conveyor segment, I want the arms of that circle to be perpendicular to the outline of the conveyor. when you rotate the symbol, that motor symbol on the end may look diagonal compared to the outline geometry of where you're placing it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services