Did you mean: 

Rotate and stretch in both directions

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Wilbers2013
1231 Views, 4 Replies

Rotate and stretch in both directions

I have created a dynamic block where I stretch a frame around a attribute in both directions, but as soon as I try to rotate the block the stretch goes skew.

What am I doning wrong with it?

Thanks

Willie Wilbers
AutoCAD & Civil 3D 2014
ArcGIS 10.1
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: Wilbers2013

Your stretch parameter doesn't need to be chained when you have 2 actions working on it, chaining is only when you need different parameters to work together. And remove the stretch action from the rotation selection set. Sometimes actions from other parameters need to be included and sometimes they don't it depends on the parameter.

Message 3 of 5
Wilbers2013
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks Steven!

See the attached final block.

Willie Wilbers
AutoCAD & Civil 3D 2014
ArcGIS 10.1
Message 4 of 5
steven-g

Thats it, you're welcome
Message 5 of 5
Libbya

Almost any time I'm doing both a rotate and a stretch I prefer to combine them using a polar parameter and polar stretch actions.  If taking that approach, one issue that often occurs is that you cannot apply two (or more) polar stretch actions that act at the same time on a single object or else the rotations compound and the object is rotated twice as far as desired.  The solution to that issue is in the attached file and consists of adding chained point parameters at each stretch loaction and then using the polar stretch actions only on the point parameters. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services