Did you mean: 

Rotate action results in "One or more constrained objects cannot be resolved."

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
dmfrazier
8357 Views, 21 Replies

Rotate action results in "One or more constrained objects cannot be resolved."

I have what I thought was going to be a fairly simple DB that has turned into a challenge I cannot resolve on my own.

It's a "slot" (elongated hole) that allows the user to dynamically change the diameter and the length.  These properties work "well enough" (sometimes I get quirky results, but I can deal with it; I may add lookups to minimize exposure to the quirks), but when I attempt to add the ability to rotate the slot, I get a hint (a brief preview) of the block rotating, but when I drop the grip it stays where i drop it, but the geometry reverts back to the default rotation and the message "One or more constrained objects cannot be resolved" shows on the command line.  Attempting to enter a rotation in Properties is similarly fruitless.

I'm stumped.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
dmfrazier
in reply to: Libbya

Maybe (untested) a Polar Stretch Pair, or two polar stretches in opposite directions, one chained to the other, one with a -1 Distance (?).

Have at it! (I've got to get back to work.)

Message 22 of 22
Libbya
in reply to: dmfrazier

Without the 'midpoint' option, you're back to half-length input or having the stretch/rotation base point be at the center of the left arch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services