Did you mean: 

Right reading test when rotate block

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
kjdrafting
5332 Views, 22 Replies

Right reading test when rotate block

Is it any option to keep text righ-reading even if block is rotated (by AutoCAD command ROTATE, not dynamic action)?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Charles_Shade
in reply to: kjdrafting

No, since Rotate is going to Rotate all the entities.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 23
kjdrafting
in reply to: Charles_Shade

maybe in AutoCAD 2013? Wish list..

Message 4 of 23
gjrcmb

But wait!  Is there a way?

My findings that incidentally have nothing to do with dynamic blocks:

* Create a Text Style that is Annotative with the "Match Text Orientation to Layout" selected.
* Create an Attribute Definition that uses the Annotative Text Style.  If the Text displayed in the block will always be the same select the Preset mode, as the Constant mode does not seem to accommodate the rotation.
* Create a block that includes the Attribute Definition.

I am finding that this procedure not only allows you to rotate the block where the text will stay parallel the X-Axis in model space, but the text will also orient horizontally with respect to layout viewports where a DVIEW Twist has been applied.  Two for one.

This same procedure does not seem to work with just Text or MText that is part of a block.  You can get text to orient to the viewport, but not the X-Axis in model space.

Message 5 of 23
gjrcmb
in reply to: gjrcmb

One additional note.   When creating the Attribute Definition, leave the Text Settings Rotation to zero.

Message 6 of 23
Charles_Shade

It is always my most ardent wish to be proven wrong in AutoCAD.

When you get one wokring post it here so we can see.

Message 7 of 23
gjrcmb

So as requested I posted the attached example drawing with a test block in it, which is just intended as an example since I am using the student version of the software, which you will probably get a message regarding.  The file was created with Civil 3D Autocad as AutoCAD 2012, so hopefully you can open it with whatever you are running.

I made several copies of the block in model space, and then rotated them to different orientations.  I also created two layouts with one having a non-twisted viewport and the second one having a twisted viewport.

Assuming that you can successfully open the file, you should see that in all cases the attribute text has either oriented itself to the X-Axis in Model Space, or relative to a given Viewport on the layout tabs.

Message 8 of 23
ChuckUK1971

Not your question but if the block was rotated by a dynamic rotation action (all except the text), you could move a grip at the starting point of the text, the grip would then have a move action associated the text.

As you rotate the block, including the grip, the text would go around as well but keep the right way up.

Message 9 of 23
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ChuckUK1971

Message 10 of 23
Thomas.l

Have been thinking about this problem for a while.

And there actualy is a solution.

I am still testing it and this is only an example.

I simply added a dimension (don't know what the english word is) and, like dimensions always do, it will always be readable whatever way you rotate it.

Regards

Thomas

Message 11 of 23
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Thomas.l

Now, THAT is an ingenious fix.

And yes, the word is Dimension.

Message 12 of 23
Thomas.l

thanks 😄

But if you find the time would you have a look at it? because i haven't worked a load whit dimensions.

What i would like is that you don't see the lign in the midle of your dimension itself.

One solution is to make the dimension tiny but i don't like that one 😛

Regards thomas

Message 13 of 23
truss_85

If you are non-LT user try that .dll which mentioned

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=18162650&siteID=123112

I compile it for you. Simply use NETLOAD command and load "KeepAttS.dll" and use "KS" to run command. You will see atts keep straight any conditions.

DOWNLOAD KeepAttS.dll

Message 14 of 23
Thomas.l
in reply to: truss_85

Thank you for the response but i have olready tried that solution.

But what i disliked about it is that the text always keeps horizontal.

And what i liked to do whit my blog is being able to rotate the text itself until you go past 90 degrees.

Then you flip it and it is still readable.

Unfortunatly my knowladge of VB is to small (can't even get a simple script running :p) to change the original dll. That is why i tried using the dimensions.

Regards

Thomas

Message 15 of 23
Charles_Shade

Dimstyle will allow you to suppress Dim Lines and Extention Lines.

You could most likely turn these "off" in the Dimstyle you are using.

Message 16 of 23
Thomas.l

Im having a problem whit the tekst modification.

The block in atachemend gives the example.

The block itselfs works fine as long as i only rotate the block.

But once i use the allingment parameter the text won't work as expected.

Hope somebody can help me whit this!

Regards

Thomas

Message 17 of 23
Charles_Shade

Think of it this way:

The Rotation Action is Rotating the DynBlk from its standard state thus doing what it is intending to do.

The Alignment Parameter is taking the DynBlk and rotating as a whole. Meaning that within the DynBlk micro world its relative UCS just changed. It now thinks that up is down or whatever. It is stil performing as designed it has just been flipped over or around.  I suspect that if you rotated the actual USC to whatever angle the line is you would likely see your DynBlk perform as you expect.

Message 18 of 23
Thomas.l

That is an interesting explenation, but the solution isn't usable.

The reason is that i use several of thes blocks in my drawing whit all diferent angles.

So i simply aded a rotation paramter to my text so it can be rotated if nessesery.

But thanks for the remark.

Regards

Thomas

Message 19 of 23
Charles_Shade

I knew that changing the UCS is not a viable option but offered that as a way to explain why the effect of the text flipping did not yield the expected results.

This block still works as you intend it just is doing so at a different angle when you use the Alignment Parameter.

Your proposal to add another Rotate Action for angled lines is the only way to acheive what you seek.

Message 20 of 23
bcsurvey

I don't think I ever got this working and now I'm needing a solution to this again.

With regards to the Example.dwg you posted, I have created a block with all attribute properties identical to the one in your Example.dwg (text style used matches those in your block as well) and I don't get the behavior of the text in your block.  Is there something in the educational software that would cause this?  I tried to import the block into my drawing several ways, but nothing worked.  I either got "invalid" or prompted for the watermark to be place over all future plots containing this block.

Also, in your response to my post here:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/need-a-how-to-for-block-attributes/m-p/336343...

you mention setting Preset = yes and Constant = no.  But in the blocks in example.dwg, only the Lock Position is set to yes.

I haven't yet gone with Bouza's dynamic block method, but that seems (at this point) the best course of action.

Thank you

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services