Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redefining D.B. Fields becomes pound signs (####)?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jarredmonday
989 Views, 3 Replies

Redefining D.B. Fields becomes pound signs (####)?

I've came across two threads with this similar question without any answers. Maybe someone knows by now...

This seems to happen to fields that are linked to objects. After redefining a dynamic block, from the tool palette, the field in it changes to #### signs. The field is referencing a pline for the length. Also, when I use the UPDATEFIELD command it's updating two fields. Shouldn't there only be one field?

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jarredmonday
in reply to: jarredmonday

I forgot to mention the field is inside an Attribute.

I'm using attribute so I can mirror the blocks and have the text with the correct orientation.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: jarredmonday

I believe that when you redefine a block, the polyline the field is referencing is redefined as a new polyline and so the field link is broken.  There are two simple solutions that I have found.  The better solution, IMO, is to have the field linked to a 'block placeholder' and select an appropriate linear parameter.  A not-so-good solution is to place the block in a file, link the field to the polyline object that you want measured and save the block.  Then insert the file and explode it once.  

Message 4 of 4
jarredmonday
in reply to: Libbya

Selecting a blockplaceholder was the perfect answer. I used this with other blocks that I was really struggling with. Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services