Did you mean: 

Radial stretching

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mike_napoli
2293 Views, 5 Replies

Radial stretching

Good morning.  I am quite new to dynamic blocks.  I am not sure if what I am trying to do is possible. If it is, I can't figure it out.

Issue #1:

I have a block that I want to be able to rotate the radiant arms around a center point. (right side block in the attached drawing) That was easy. Now I want the arcs to stretch to match. 

Issue #2:

I want to put constraints on the arms so that they cannot be rotated any further than their original positions in the block on the left side of the attached.

Any help, suggestions, tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jarredmonday
in reply to: mike_napoli

I believe this is what you're asking for. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

-Jarred

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 6
jarredmonday

You will need to adjust you UNITS back to "Decimal/Survayer's Units". 

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 6
mike_napoli
in reply to: jarredmonday

Yes, exactly what I was looking for.

One question.  How did you do it?  I have a couple other blocks I need to do this to.

Thank you.

Mike

Message 5 of 6
jarredmonday

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

With your block I first broke each arc in half then I put a "Fix" constraint where the, now two arcs, meet. (four arcs instead of two)

The Angle1 and Angle2 was just a matter of getting the angles and setting each Angle perameter with a Minimum/Maximum set angle. Then I included the top half of you object with Angle1. (the two arcs and the vertical line) and the bottom half for Angle2.

fyi: You can move the Perameter Grips wherever you want them to be, as long as you select only the grip itself, do not include the perameter.

<iframe width="640" height="400" src="https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Embed/5c1452a3-cf7b-4532-ab49-667488e39c19" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen></iframe>

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. 

Message 6 of 6
mike_napoli
in reply to: jarredmonday

Again, Thank you. 

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services