Problem Dynamic Block?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
skintsubby
507 Views, 2 Replies

Problem Dynamic Block?

Hi.

I've attached a block I was creating. And it seems to work as desired. (It's just a continuation arrow with attribute mtext, a stretch dim, some constraints and 2 visibility settings.)

However...whatever drawing I place this block in, I get an error message when I shut that drawing down.

If you open the drawing / block (no other dwg files open) then you can open the file and save it, close it, then open other drawings etc... works as desired

If you have a drawing file open. Then open the drawing containing the block, after you shut down that drawing. You can't save or work on any other drawing files without doing the ctrl-alt delete to shut AutoCAD down. You just get the error "drawing1 (or any other) has a command in progress, Hit enter to cancel or {Retry}" however you are just stuck in an error loop from then on. Man Mad

Could someone please check the block out and confirm if they get the same error? (to rule out any company specific set-up issue) or have a look at the block and verify if there is any basic error that is making AutoCAD fall over?

Just to be clear if you are trying this block, don't have any drawings open that you wouldn't want to ctrl-alt-delete to close. I've been testing it just using the basic drawing1.dwg etc as test files.

Also for reference this was created on AutoCAD 2010 Map 3D

Thanks for looking

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I tried it several times, making various random changes using the dynamic block functions, and various random open/edit/close changes in up to 3 "dummy-test" files, and was able to open, edit, close, etc. all other files in any combination or order along with your dynamic block file. I also copied your block into another file, with no errors.  No problems at all. I think the problem must be either a local setting within your Acad software, or on your local workstation. Did you make any system software or hardware changes prior to this problem starting?

Message 3 of 3

Daniel.

I appreciate you taking the time and thanks for trying it out.

I thought it was this block, because it only happened in the drawings that contained it

You are correct though. We recently had ArcGIS installed. When it's removed...... no problems...Smiley Very Happy

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services