Dynamic Blocks

Contributor
inteso
Message 1 of 9 (601 Views)

Polar array inside a dynamic block

601 Views, 8 Replies
12-19-2013 06:19 AM

I've made this block
when i rotate the vertical line I need to add lines every 15° as you see in the image, i've seen that polar array is not possible in the dynamic blocks.
Can you help me to find a solution?
Thank you for the support
Bez
image.jpg

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 9 (593 Views)

Re: Polar array inside a dynamic block

12-19-2013 09:06 AM in reply to: inteso

EDIT (ten minutes later): And now I realize I do not beleive that I answered your question at all (below) but will keep that info anyway since it may be useful.

Not sure right off how to get that line to come in at increments but I suspect it is doable.

This has been done in the past using a Dimension line for the Arc without endpoints (Arrows) and no text.

See the attached Door Block.

I think that DIMASSOC needs to be set to 2 to get this to work. Once done you can change that Variable back to what you want.

Or it could be 1. (I've had some issues with DIMASSOC recently that have caused me great grief).

Short of it is if you create the DIMANGULAR and it does not stay with the endpoints that you choose try changing the DIMASSOC.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 9 (582 Views)

12-19-2013 11:36 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Here's a "fake" as a possible starting point. Doesn't work quite right as the last line will nto drop when you go back to zero.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Mentor
ojuris
Message 4 of 9 (575 Views)

12-19-2013 12:18 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade
hi! You forgot insert 0 values at lookup tables for visibility and angle, that's why it is not droping last line in zero value Juris
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 5 of 9 (562 Views)

12-19-2013 01:09 PM in reply to: ojuris

Thanks.

This should be better

Contributor
inteso
Message 6 of 9 (527 Views)

12-23-2013 01:47 AM in reply to: inteso

I'm Trying to attach the block.dwg file but the forum responds with this error "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type."
Help me please....

in words... so you would add a visibility parameter associated to the rotation action..... am i wrong?

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 7 of 9 (521 Views)

12-23-2013 05:48 AM in reply to: inteso

Yes that is it; but the Lookup controls both so that you simulate the Rotation by changing the Vis State.

You would need to add a line to the Lookup for each degree that you wanted this to occur.

Try Zipping your file and if that does not work I'll send the attachment issue up the line to see if that can be corrected.

Contributor
inteso
Message 8 of 9 (482 Views)

12-31-2013 03:37 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade
Same problem (also with Zip file)
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 9 of 9 (477 Views)

12-31-2013 05:18 AM in reply to: inteso

I've asked Discussion Admin to look into your file posting issue. Hopefully that will get corrected soon.

If you would like you can PM the file by clicking on my name or send it to c l shade at c shade design dot com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community