Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter Palettes

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
pgnirk
283 Views, 12 Replies

Parameter Palettes

My block editor is working just fine, however a co-worker right next to me, is unable to create any sort of dynamic block, because her "Authoring Palettes" do not come up when she clicks on that button. Is there a setting that I need to change that will allow this to happen?
Any advice/suggestions that you may be able to offer, would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance. Have a great day!
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pgnirk

When did this start?
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 13
pgnirk

Wow, that was fast! lol
She said that it's never worked.
Message 4 of 13
Charles_Shade

Full CAD? Yours and her computer the "same"? Sounds like a bad installation or something not allowing the Window to open. As a test try disabling any Firewall or Internet spamware (Norton / Symantec are notorious software) and see if that helps, if you can.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 5 of 13
pgnirk

It is "Full CAD", and our computers should be the same. I don't have the rights to change any sort of firewall protection settings, so I can't try that. I may try comparing our variable settings, but I don't think that's the problem. It almost sounds, like you mentioned, like an installation issue. Ugh
Message 6 of 13
dmfrazier

"...because her "Authoring Palettes" do not come up when she clicks on that button."
Does any message appear on the command line?
Message 7 of 13
pgnirk

no message, just two generic tabs.
Message 8 of 13
dmfrazier

What is the "Authoring Palette File Locations" path set to? (Options, Files tab.)

Message 9 of 13
pgnirk

We're both set to the same location, however her file name is slightly different. My file name is AcApCatalog.atc and hers is AcAtCatalog.atc

Just weird.
Message 10 of 13
dmfrazier

AcApCatalog.atc is the correct filename.
Can you copy your file to her folder and try it again?
If not, another option is to copy it from AutoCAD's "UserDataCache" folder:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ACAD 2010\UserDataCache\Acad\AuthorPalette (or similar depending on your "flavor")
(It may help avoid a re-install.)
Message 11 of 13
pgnirk

Okay, so I'm making progress (thanks to you). I have the three tabs that belong there now, the Parameters tab, the Actions tab, and the Parameter Sets tab, but they're all just tabs. . . . . .nothing in them. When she clicks on them, nothing happens. There must be a file, or three, or more, that is (are) missing. Make sense to you??
Message 12 of 13
dmfrazier

Yes, it makes sense... you've got the 'catalog" file, but the actual palette files are still missing. (I was hoping that only the catalog file and/or filename had been corrupted, but apparently the entire AuthorPalette folder is screwed up and/or missing.)
You will have to copy the entire AuthorPalette folder, including the \Palettes sub-folder and files, from your machine. (I can't find a "UserDataCache" source for the authoring palettes; the palette files must normally be generated on the fly when a user first runs AutoCAD or uses the Block Editor.)
C:\Documents and Settings\<username.\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\AuthorPalette\Palettes

Now, if this works, you may not be "out-of-the-woods". This is definitely an indication that something went wrong during installation. You may want to schedule an eventual re-install just to avoid other potential issues.
Message 13 of 13
pgnirk

I think that's our best bet at this point (a re-install). I had already copied all the Palette Files, from the Folder, into the correct location, and it didn't seem to work. I'll check with her in the morning, to see if AutoCAD wakes up in the morning, and starts to work, like some minor miracle.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. I truly appreciate it!!

Have an excellent night!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services